975xbx2 troubles with intel monitoring programs

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Joshua
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

975xbx2 troubles with intel monitoring programs

Post by Joshua »

Hi all, my name is Josh and I have just built my second Intel platform using the 975xbx2 (BadAxe2) mother board and and Intel Core 2 Duo (E6300) processor. My problem is with the monitoring programs both desktop control center and desktop utilities. For some reason they only load when they want to. What I mean by this, about 1 out of 20 times will the program load after windows loads and when I try to open the program manually. I think this might be a bios problem but am not sure. I was just wondering if any body else has this problem. Everything else about the computer runs great and really stable, games play like a charm and everything else runs great. I would appreciate ANY feedback on this matter and I have asked Intel about it. Oh yeah! My bios version is 2663, the most recent to this date. It came out 3/05/07. :?
Decimus
IRQ Conflict
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Check the log file(s) ? Check Event viewer? (Control Panel/Administrative Tools)
-Rampage- Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz Cooling: OCZ Vendetta 2 Ram: 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 540Mhz Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB/4x 500GB Barracuda 7200.11 Raid 0 Power Supply: PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad Case: Antec P180B Monitor: Syncmaster 245T OS: Vista 64bit
hexeis
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by hexeis »

I was getting the same issues
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I had that problem if I opened CPU-Z first with Desktop Utility, only way to make DU work again was to reboot. As far as desktop control center, could never get it run right. Wouldn't start up and was buggy, so uninstalled it. Have had better luck with Intel Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT)
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Joshua
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

BadAxe2

Post by Joshua »

I have checked that log too many times; This is what it says.
Faulting application idcc.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module python22.dll, version 2.2.2150.1011, fault address 0x00039e79.

I think it is something in the bios or desktop control center is buggy, like someone else said. I did see another post on this forum about desktop utilities. If you have a firewall it might be blocking the program unexpectedly from the internet or what ever it's trying to access. I have tested this and when I disable my firewall, desktop utilities works fine and the tray service for the program works just fine. My only guess going on that is, desktop control center is faulty; the version of it for the 975xbx2 motherboard.

I happen to be an Intel fan whether they make enthusiast boards or not. I'm not an overclocker because I firmly believe that the hard drive and memory strongly aid in the speed of a computer. Although overclocking can make your machine compatible for more intense programs or games, I just cant do it in regard or warranty and the overall life of the hardware. I will adjust latency times on memory though.

About a year ago I built my first system build with an Intel D875PBZ motherboard and a LGA478 socket Pentium 4 3.0E Ghz computer and it is solid as a rock to this day. That computer is what turned me on to Intel. I must say, if all the problems can't be worked out with the 975xbx2 that I've been hearing of and Intel recalls the motherboard, I am going to be very pissed! lol. :drinkers: :finga: :mrgreen:
Decimus
Joshua
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Conflicting monitoring programs

Post by Joshua »

Sparky wrote:I had that problem if I opened CPU-Z first with Desktop Utility, only way to make DU work again was to reboot. As far as desktop control center, could never get it run right. Wouldn't start up and was buggy, so uninstalled it. Have had better luck with Intel Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT)
I have tried this on several computers and just about and Intel monitoring program does not get along with CPU-Z. CPU-Z is a great program but I just like having Desktop Control Center. That is my favorite OC and thermal monitoring program. :axe:
Decimus
kramer
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Monitoring Programs

Post by kramer »

Are you using any other hardware monitors? I have found none that will work with IDU.
inteleagle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by inteleagle »

Note to all!!! Desktop Control Center is not supported on the BadAxe.
inteleagle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by inteleagle »

My problem with getting the Desktop Utililities to install/ru was the firewall was blocking it.

Try turning off your firewall. Removing and reinstalling. Then add the "C:\Program Files\Intel\IDU\intelmain.exe" to the exceptions in your firewall. Turn your firewall back on.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

According to Intel it works on XBX & XBX2

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/so ... wnload.htm
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
jch321
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

NO Temperatures or fan speeds

Post by jch321 »

I have the latest version of Desktop Utilities, 3.0.11.16 loaded on Vista on 975xbx2 board. It loads fine but there are no temperatures or fan speeds shown as in XP. I reloaded XP just to verify board was okay and DU works fine on XP and 975xbx2.
MrStumpy
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Works on My unit

Post by MrStumpy »

I am running BIOS ver 2507. The only hiccup I see is if I start CPUz or TAT (Intels Thermal Analysis Tool) first, then sometimes IDCC (Intel Desktop Control Center) will not fire on the first or second attempt. Other than that Desktop Utils and Control Center work fine.
975xbx2 (Bad Ax2)
e6600 - 2.4ghz (L629B369) OC to 3.0
Artic Cool Freezer 7Pro
2GB (MP) Corsair XMS2-5400 4-4-4-12 DIMM
XFX7950GT video (512m)
2 WD 160GB SATA - Raid 0 (Intel Ctrlr)
1 Segate 320gb SATA - (Marvell Ctrlr)
Antec Sonata 2 (case)
Mike.Shevchenko
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: 975xbx2 troubles with intel monitoring programs

Post by Mike.Shevchenko »

SOLUTION!!!

It seems I've found a solution, at least it worked in my case (WinXP Pro, XBX2, fresh install -- I've had the same error message about python22.dll as described above).

Replace the python22.dll (resides in IDCC installation directory) with the newer version (also 22, but the internal version now reads 2.2.2150.1012 and was 2.2.2150.1011). Good luck you all!

I've easily found the new version in the net: http://www.dll.ru/dll/13991.html (The page is in Russian, but it's ok -- you just have to fill the captcha at the bottom and then click the link below the captcha and _wait for 3 seconds_). Sorry, but I am unable to attach it to this forum (whatever extension I choose, including "txt" and "dat", I get the error that this extension is not supported). Shame on you, forum admins!

P.S. It seems Intel allows its guys to play in the sandbox: the IDCC is written using Python, TCL/TK and other mtoehrfcuknig stuff... Shame on Intel! As well as on AMD/ATI with their .NET perversion called Catalyst...