Intel Contest - Tell Your CPU Story - Win Laptops & Netbooks

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Contest - Tell Your CPU Story - Win Laptops & Netbooks

Post by Apoptosis »

Intel just sent me an e-mail and asked if any of our readers are doing anything amazing. If any of you have a good processor story and how it helped you do something amazing at home, work or school be sure to let them know and you might win a slick laptop or netbook!
Tell Us YOUR Processor Story and Win!

Feeling creative and innovative? Tell us about it by entering the What’s Inside You Contest here. Starting today, innovators, educators, entertainers, communicators, creators, or anyone using an Intel processor to do something amazing can submit an image, audio or video file along with their story describing how Intel’s processor helps unleash their creativity. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States to participate (See the Rules). No purchase necessary. Submissions will be evaluated on the relevance of the processor in the design, innovative use of technology and overall creativity. Fans can vote on their favorite entries. The official contest judges will select the winners from the top 10 vote-getters. Prizes include Intel® Centrino® 2 based laptops, an Intel Atom™ based netbook, gift cards and cash. Winners will be announced on March 2, 2009.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Contest - Tell Your CPU Story - Win Laptops & Netbooks

Post by hercules71185 »

Me and my new Intel i7 are going to take over the world. It's amazing cause it's true. :-p. My Celeron wasn't powerful enough, but at least it helped me develop ideas.

That story alone should win me a laptop. :-D. If it does intel will have just earned a "fanboy"
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

hercules71185 wrote:My Celeron wasn't powerful enough
You probably shouldn't include this in your story. They probably won't pick you if you badmouth their products. I know what you mean though, I had a Celeron and it sucked.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

It's not bad mouthing just showing how much more powerful their new ones are. :-D
TheGanG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TheGanG »

I am currently living at Dark Side Of The Moon... So i can not...
Image Image

DFI LP DK P45 T2RS PLUS-E8400-4GB CellShock 1000MHz-SilverStone Strider 750W
GA EP45T UD3P-E8600-4GB Kingston Hyperx 1800MHz-EVGA 9800GX2SC-SilverStone Strider 1000W-T260HD
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

LOL I wish I had a picture of the system the secretary from my old job had. She melted the case with the space heater she had for her feet under the desk. She was wondering why it would reboot at random. I went to shut it off and it was like sitting down at a blast furnace. I looked down and saw the hole that was melted into the motherboard side of the computer. I told her that the space heater had to go and showed everyone at the company just one of the reasons not to have a space heater under their desk =). The computer worked just fine with the space heater removed. To this day I don't understand why she had to have it that hot it had to be well over 120 under her desk. and her feet were pretty close to that thing. It is a wonder that he shoes hadn't melted or caught fire. There was a good 4 1/2 inch to 5 inch hole in the side of the computer case that was melted. That system shouldn't have worked after that.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bmaverick »

Ha! I'm out of this race using AMD X2.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."