buying a new processor but no idea what to do

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
lukey657
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

buying a new processor but no idea what to do

Post by lukey657 »

hi everyone.

i have a 5 year old laptop and the processor inside it is realy rubbish, for what i do everyday i need a new one.
my friend helped me buy a new one becuase i have no idea what to look for, and it ended up being the wrong one, the terminals where to processor fits in was completely different.

my laptop is: Packard Bell EasyNote F5 series.
Processor currently inside: Intel celeron 2.80GHZ

please email me for help becuase i really do need a new one. by the way. i have pictures of my current processor and the bit where it goes into.

Please Reply.

Lukey.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: buying a new processor but no idea what to do

Post by DMB2000uk »

With a laptop so old, you aren't going to find anything new currently for sale that will fit.

I suspect too that the CPU you currently have was one of the faster ones (if not the fastest one) that was sold with your laptop, so you are going to really struggle to get anything faster.

How much memory (RAM) do you have in your system currently?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Camride
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: buying a new processor but no idea what to do

Post by Camride »

Definitely save up to get a new one, or look at eBay for what's in your price range. It's really not going to be worth it (IMO) to track down a cpu for your old laptop. If you don't do much but browse the internet you might want to look at one of the Netbooks. They're small and light and are great for general computer use.
~Camride~

MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCTS

Ci7 920, EVGA X58 SLI LE, 12GB OCZ Platinum 1333, eVGA 8800GT Superclock, Enermax Liberty 500W, Acer 22" LCD, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit