Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping

Post by Apoptosis »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping is up for sale at Tank Guys. The ETA on this processor is 3/23/2009 and it is being sold for $319.99!

The new D0 stepping revision is supposed to have better thermals and overclocking, so if you are big into overclocking you'll want to keep an eye out for this stepping.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping

Post by Bio-Hazard »

From what I understand some mother boards will require a bios update as well for some odd reason................. :lol:
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping

Post by pwcmed »

Found this on guru3d. If any finds one let me know.

* New S-spec (from SLBCH to SLBEJ) and Material Master numbers for the converting products.

* CPUID will change from 0x000106A4 to 0x000106A5.

* The electrical, mechanical and thermal specifications remain within the current specifications. Intel anticipates no changes to customer platforms designed to previous Intel guidelines.

* Readable serial number will be removed from the package ink swatch to fully mitigate the potential risk of the IHS cosmetically overlapping a marked serial number. There is no change to the ULT matrix content which continues to contain the serial number.
Attachments
imageview.php.png
imageview.php.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 4185 times