Overclocking Problems

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Overclocking Problems

Post by A10Pilot3 »

I tried to overclock my 2.8 P4 800mhz fsb but couldnt get it past 3ghz, I think it has to do with crappy memory, but I put the divider so that the memory was actually running below 400mhz, so anyone have any suggestions?? Sometime soon I am planning on getting a new motherboard and cpu, probably AMD.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

If you had a AMD system right now I might beable to help out a little. I've never tried OC'ing a Intel system before, but I've got 3 AMD systems at home right now........... :twisted:
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

It would really help out if you could tell us ur memory make and mothebroard model! :)
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

if your using a via mobo then you do not have a pci/fsb lock meaning that your pci bus goes up with your fsb. if you have anything on the pci bus the it will go out of spec. and you do have things on it, the hd's network, sound. if you have sata then that would definitly be the culperate. but all of this is total speculation as i have no idea from the lack of information you provided as to what your system is like.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
wuzy
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wuzy »

I'm guess you're using stock HSF with stock vcore etc...?
You'll need to give up a lot more specs of your rig if you're expecting help :wink: