Intel Super Bowl Ads - Thoughts and Feedback?

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Super Bowl Ads - Thoughts and Feedback?

Post by Apoptosis »

Intel's 2010 Super Bowl XLIV spot starring Jeffrey the Robot.
"Lunchroom" is set in an Intel lunchroom where a few engineers are excitedly discussing the all new 2010 Intel Core' processor family. One of the engineers is so excited he shouts about how "these processors are the most amazing achievement in the history of the company.' A passing robot hears this and is saddened that he is no longer the biggest deal at Intel. He drops his tray in dismay and exits the lunchroom
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Intel Super Bowl Ads - Thoughts and Feedback?

Post by XstollieX »

Wasn't very good, would have like to have seen something about the features and benefits. All this commercial tells us is one guys opinion but no technical data, or even information about the new chips. I was kinda hoping Intel was gonna be releasing the I9's when saw the commercial during the game.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Yeah, it was cute. Not as good as some of the other commercials shown during the game, but it looks like Intel has hired a new ad agency.

Maybe we will see the continuation of Jeffery at the Intel plant....
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Wasn't that impressed. I'm used to Intel Super Bowl commercials having high energy and more entertaining. The Blue Man Group ads from back in the day were awesome! As far as trying to convey why the new Core processors are better than the previous generation, it was completely overshadowed by the uninteresting robot.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

My boy liked it, mainly because he wants a robot that will bring him his lunch LOL, I thought it was ok.

The funniest was the Doritos add with the shock collar, top was Motorola add with Megan Fox. From there the Dr. Pepper add with K.I.S.S. and the midget K.I.S.S, Dodge charger add, and the E*Trade babies.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
skier

Post by skier »

Digital Puppy wrote:Maybe we will see the continuation of Jeffery at the Intel plant....
yea, follow him like geico did the cavemen(except don't play it out till the point when you just get annoyed whenever you see the commercial start, the cavemen ones got stupid after the first couple commercials)

werent there like two or three intel commercials during the SB? or maybe im just thinking of ones i saw YouTube.
bubba wrote:The funniest was the Doritos add with the shock collar, top was Motorola add with Megan Fox. From there the Dr. Pepper add with K.I.S.S. and the midget K.I.S.S, Dodge charger add, and the E*Trade babies.
and same opinions as me bubba!
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
AbyssNOLF
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by AbyssNOLF »

All I could think was what the robot was planning to do with that orange...
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

It was OK. I don't see the reasoning Intel has to advertise so much, especially during the superbowl - the customers end up paying for it via product pricing. Personally, I like this Intel ad...

Joe
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Best intel ad I've seen was the rockstar one:

This new one, while cutesy, is a bit meh.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

DMB2000uk wrote:Best intel ad I've seen was the rockstar one:

This new one, while cutesy, is a bit meh.

Dan
Definetly the USB one is the best one
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

I thought the ad was cute. But who needs cute when you are talking Intel. I wanna see some info on the new processors and how they crush the competition. :supz:
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Commercials are just that...commercials...regardless of when they run they are hella annoying! :finga: