newbie needs your opinion

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
ricecooker29
Legit User
Legit User

newbie needs your opinion

Post by ricecooker29 »

Hi all
So I am in dire need of a new computer since my computer is randomly shutting down on its own. I'm looking at computers from cyberpowerpc and from dell. As I am customizing the components, I was wondering do I really need an i5? Can I go with an i3 or with a quad core? I need a computer that can handle modern games and video and picture editing, but I can only afford around $900. Which one should I go for? Thanks for the help.
timberwolf120
Legit User
Legit User

Re: newbie needs your opinion

Post by timberwolf120 »

Go with the i5, preferably the i5 750 if you can afford it. It will be great for gaming and video editing.
mithras
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mithras »

The extra cores and cache on the i5 would probably be worth it.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

For video editing the more power you have the more pleasing the editing experience will be.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

First off, Dont buy a Dell. Dell knowingly sells broken PCs to customers.

Is $900 including Tax and shipping?

For that price without Tax and Shipping, I would be aiming for a Core i5-750 or Phenom X6-1055T system, with a Ati 5770 gpu, 4gb ram.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"