Conroe- Legit or Internet buzz?

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Conroe- Legit or Internet buzz?

Post by Fogey »

Wow, I had a look e see around after my visit here. Wham, the internet seems to be a blaze with Intel Conroe "Info" Here's just one

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4843

Wonder what the ratio of real vs hype is?

Nate: can you get your hands on one of these bad boys and give us a legit informative answer. Thanks
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've seen Conroe before and I know it's a strong chip. The processor I saw was not running 2.67GHz and I didn't get a chance to see these benchmark numbers. I didn't go to IDF this spring, but I know Intel had these systems set up for reviewers to play on. I'd say this is 85% real and 15% hype. Intel wouldn't install any games/applications they know they perform bad on, so time will tell.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

64bit.... intel care to respond?
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

apparently, it's definitely a strong chip.... not just hype.

http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2716
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Fogey »

Wow! Intel has come a long way in a short time. Conroe seems to be real, not hype. 450 mm wafer production coming. Moving from .65->-.45->-.32 mfg process. New CPUs in the future that will only need 200 mv to operate. Wait a minute, I also remember couple years back reading about the future.
Single core CPU over 5 ghz, later 10 ghz. BTX form factor, etc..
Well, at least the Conroe looks good so far and real, not just hype. So far, this is good. Time will tell on the rest. 8-[
Jarlax
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jarlax »

I have read a few articles on the Conroe performance and so far they have been pretty amazing. I am falling into the hype.