Monster Rig.

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Monster Rig.

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Just a small little addition to my rig................ [-o<

This is the first KB I've ever bought for myself, In the past I've always just used whatever old KB I got for old computers (OEM's) that I had been given from customers.................. :shock:

ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Bio-Hazard wrote: This is the first KB I've ever bought for myself, In the past I've always just used whatever old KB I got for old computers (OEM's) that I had been given from customers.................. :shock:
I do the same thing Mike. I just use whatever old keyboard and mouse I have laying around. I used an old Dell quietkey keyboard on my first build for almost a year. So...how do you like having the new one?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I really like this new KB, the key feel is real nice and it has blue back lit key lettering that's super easy to see in low light situations. It's the best KB I've ever used, now only if it would do the typing for me, I'd be all set.................. :mrgreen:

I've wanted this KB for a long time, I just couldn't see paying $60 for any KB.................. :shock: But the Egg just had a $20 price cut on the thing and along with a $10 Pomo code with free shipping, I just couldn't pass it up.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Congrats! That is a sweet looking keyboard! Glad you like it!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

This is off subject but I saw that the original "monster rig" had the same MOBO I am using. You were getting much better speeds in OC than I ever dreamed of. Please look at my sig and PM me what I should set my BIOS settings to to get better results. I was at 220 FSB with X10 on my current CPU with 0 errors in 4 hours of Prime 95 but then a few little programs crashed on my making me think it was my OC attempts that messed me up.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Man sorry, but I couldn't even attempt to remember what settings I was using back then without at least looking at the system Bios, that board was like 3 system upgrades ago.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i cant really see spending 60 for a keyboard either, but a mouse is a completly different story. i love my $70 logitech g5 and i cant game without it
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

I'm not too picky. I use a $10 microsoft 3 button wheel mouse and a $10 Logitech keyboard. :mrgreen:
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

my keyboard is currently a pos to. but there not really that important, but for me (i game in leagues and ladders for cod4) a good mouse is really important
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Got tired of the noise levels of the 80mm fan cooling my ram, so I made another small bracket and installed a 1200RPM 120mm fan. Now I can live with the noise level of the thing.................. :mrgreen:
Attachments
DSC00326.JPG
DSC00326.JPG (208.51 KiB) Viewed 13741 times
DSC00325.JPG
DSC00325.JPG (200.44 KiB) Viewed 13740 times
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Sweet; took a while but I've just about achieved complete silence in the new Quad. I get caught up I'll have to do a thread for it.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i hate 80mm fans to. methious i assume you took the ones out of the armor? the ones at the top/back by the psu?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Those are 90/92 mm in the Armor.........I've got the same case sitting on the floor right now.................;) They aren't near as bad as most 80's, but you can still hear them.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

they are? and how do you have this case? no wait dont tell, me review sample? :lol:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

martini161 wrote:they are? and how do you have this case? no wait don't tell, me review sample? :lol:
Nope, won it in a contest, I'm planning on either putting my second (backup) rig in it or building the wife a new C2D system.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i took out the fans because they dont do much of anything as i have no hdds in the upper cage. might move some their if i decide to put a rad in the front 5.25 drive bays
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

I left the 90mm in cause their fairly quiet, and I'm half deaf between the two they don't bother me. I mounted the Rad on the back because I don't like a cluttered interior case, I'm in and out of the case daily so I have to keep it fairly open in there.

Need to get the 1100w Tagan put in but maybe just being on top some of the power will seep through?

I did put the X2 6400 back into operation today but I'm afraid I'm going to go ahead and sell it, having two such nice machines setting on opposite sides of the desk makes me feel like I'm being pulled into a Black Hole.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Methious wrote: I did put the X2 6400 back into operation today but I'm afraid I'm going to go ahead and sell it, having two such nice machines setting on opposite sides of the desk makes me feel like I'm being pulled into a Black Hole.
I sort of like that feeling myself.................. :mrgreen:

And on my new meds its even all the better.................... :shock:
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

I gotta go get my Meds changed, seems like the longer I'm on them the more it feels like I'm building up an allergic reaction to them. Their non-narcotic but they make my fuzzy in the head and I can't sleep on them so I stopped taking them. The muscle relaxers I take occasionally but it'd be nice to be out of hurt for a while.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I got around to getting a Quad core the other day (Q6600) on sale at Frys for $180.............. 8)

As it turns out it seems to be a fairly good OC'er, now just to get it 100% stable.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=385474