SOYO K7VME VIA KM400 ??

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

SOYO K7VME VIA KM400 ??

Post by T-Shirt »

Hi,
NEW here and usually an Intel guy, but looking to put together a CHEAP integrated system for my dad.
wondering if anyone here has used a
SOYO K7VME VIA KM400 MB (or any KM400 chipset board) with a 2400+ to 3000+
Remember this is for my dad so it will not be O/C'd, no serious gaming (unless you like "Oregon Trail 5" :roll: )
mostly simple business apps, alittle low speed photo-chopping, and some net surfing.
did I mention CHEAP (it is my dad and his middle intial is C.)
any good, bad experience, or link to reviews would help
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If your dad is uber cheap (like mine and half the world) here is another board for a little less money.

PC Chips KM400 Motherboard

It's about $6 cheaper than the one you are currently looking at and is basically the same micro-ATX board.

I've used one before and it's your basic entry level Socket A board for Athlon XP's. It will get the job done, but don't expect great gaming, or audio.
bigapl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by bigapl »

Biostar has a nforce board with nice options and shared video that is good priced at newegg I would go with a 2200 or 2400 and save a few bucks!
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

The reason I'm asking about that specific board is for the next couple days, it's free after rebate here
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx ... ia=BA19875
at that price he might be convinced to spend the extra $50 on more ram, a faster CPU or a better case/psu
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Apoptosis wrote:I've used one before and it's your basic entry level Socket A board for Athlon XP's. It will get the job done, but don't expect great gaming, or audio.
Basic will be a big upgrade for him, his desktop is a pentium 200, and now that I convinced him to get cable, I could prove to him that his computer was a little out of date :roll: So he wanted to start shopping for some thing around 900-1000mhz (his brain is a little out of date too :wink: )
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

$ 365.09 this is a quick recomendation. it includes a monitor so add $25 to ship that. but if you have one then take off $87 and your under $300 for the full system.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Well that may be a better possiblity as after I told him it was a limited time offer he decided to think about it for a few days :roll: (so he now can't get the rebate!)