FREMONT, CA, May 3rd, 2005 - Today, Tyan introduced the next generation of multi-purpose high-end dual AMD Opteron(tm) servers in the form of the Thunder K8SE (S2892). The Thunder K8SE takes into account the need for a full-feature server platform to handle any number of tasks and applications with capabilities that include the following:
* Dual AMD Opteron 200 Series Processor supported, with Dual Core capability
* NVIDIA nForce Professional 2200 and AMD-8131 core-logic
* Support up to 16GB of DDR400/333/266 Registered ECC memory and ChipKill
* Two (2) Gigabit and one (1) 10/100 Ethernet port
* Dual PCI Express x16 slots (one with x16, one with x4) and three PCI-X slots
* Serial ATA-II (3Gb/s) with NVIDIA RAID and built-in 8MB server graphics
* E-ATX form factor (12" x 13", 305mm x 331mm)
* . . . and much more
"In today's IT market, multiprocessor server systems are being used to support a wide range of applications for a variety of fields," stated Danny Hsu, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Tyan. "The introduction of the Thunder K8SE (S2892) represents an answer to the call for a broader range of key features and capabilities, such as PCI Express and PCI-X, both of which are needed to meet the needs of server customers worldwide."
The Thunder K8SE (S2892) is currently shipping in volume to all customers the world over.
Visit the Thunder K8SE (S2892) product page here: http://tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8se.html
For more information and details about Tyan or Tyan products, please visit Tyan's website at http://www.tyan.com
You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 33922
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
For some reason I overlooked this PR from last week, but it is well worth the post. Tyan makes some great server boards and this one looks like another solid one.