Asus Rampage formula(ddr2) or Gygabite ga-x48t-dq6(ddr3)?

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
SergioRoadster
Legit User
Legit User

Asus Rampage formula(ddr2) or Gygabite ga-x48t-dq6(ddr3)?

Post by SergioRoadster »

Since knowing of the nforce 7 series problems I turned to the Asus Rampage Formula because of the good feedback of x48 reviews and nice price on ddr2. But today when I went to a site from a shop of my country and saw the Gigabyte Ga-x48t-dq6 even a bit more cheaper then the x48 ddr2 motherboards(347USD compared with the 373$ that costs the Rampage).
DDr3 price lowered a bit too. 2GB ddr3 still cost as much as 4GB of ddr2, but now I can get 2GB of OCZ ddr3 platinum 1600mhz for 216$.
I can't make my mind of what is best to choose. So could you guys advise me? THe motherboards base is the same, the x48. WIll those 1600mhz ddr3 make much performance difference on the Ga-x48t compared with the rampage on ddr2 1066mhz? THis is for a gaming system on VIsta 64 bits.
tormentor
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Asus Rampage formula(ddr2) or Gygabite ga-x48t-dq6(ddr3)?

Post by tormentor »

well i think that ure budget and the mobo features rule the choices here,,,
yet what ever was ure budget, i belive ddr3 is still a waste of money, if u want extreme speeds u can get some with ddr2 and at lower prices than the ddr3, moreover ddr3, as said to be, doesnt offer performance that worth its price, so if i were u i would buy Asus and with the other 100$ i would get a better graphic card, power supply or any other component
SergioRoadster
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Asus Rampage formula(ddr2) or Gygabite ga-x48t-dq6(ddr3)?

Post by SergioRoadster »

Yes, unfortunatly I'm on a budget and all together this is already going to 1200euros(1800$) :( .
So, those 1600mhz ddr3 won't make much visible difference from the 1066mhz ones, right?
I think I'll take your advice and spend it in a 9800gtx or the one that is coming in july to replace it. For what I see the videocard is what makes moast difference in performance.
Thanks for the advice.