Lego Indiana Jones is out today :)

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
KnightRid

Lego Indiana Jones is out today :)

Post by KnightRid »

Well i for one can not wait! Lego star wars the complete set was WELL worth the $50 in gift cards!!! I am still working on getting that one 100% complete so I am hoping the Idiana Jones one will be just as long and fun, on the Wii of course.

Anyone else going to buy it today? I hear there is a teaser trailer for the Lego Batman on it 8) Another must get game.

Mike

I havent even played Super Mario Galaxy yet! I have been working on the Lego one and it just sits there waiting for its moment - now wih IJ and Batman coming around, it might have to wait a LONG time :)

Side note - the wife bought Arctic Tale for the Wii and it SUX! PLEASE dont ever buy this game! CC had it for $9.99 and she thought it looked cute. Controls are crappy and you get stuck inside the graphics and can not get out a LOT of times!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lego Indiana Jones is out today :)

Post by Apoptosis »

post some screen shots... hehe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Bought it the other day for the boy's B-Day gift to have on the PC, I'll be picking it up on the way home from work.

The boy has called me twice already this morning to remind me that I need to pick it up on my way home LOL he was a little hacked when I gave him the case for it with no disk in it at his party sunday. ain't I a stinker :snakeman:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:post some screen shots... hehe
Is there a way to do screenshots from a Wii without just using a digital camera to snap the tv? Never thought about it before, but then no one has wanted a screen shot :p lol

Maybe somehow click some keys to snap a pic to the SD card then transfer it to the computer?

Mike

Batman looks even better than Indiana!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Took some screens over lunch

They worked in the map travel sequences

Some Tarzan action

Whip swinging action

Some of the humor they have stuck in. Indy trying to give CPO's head to the bad guys instead of the idol

The plane escape "I hate snakes"

Got some classroom animated scenes

One of the other new things from Star Wars is that you have to throw a lot of stuff since Indy doesn't have a gun (well so far in the first level he doesn't) but so you know where you are tossing it you get cross hairs

You can also pick up stuff like shovels and spears to beat down bad guys. There is also the stuff you have to find and puzzle levels like the previous Lego games. So far I think its pretty good and they did a decent job with it. I know that the Star Wars series could get a little hard from time to time for young kids, this time round it looks like they did a better job of balancing the game (from what I have seen so far). I know my son likes it, he played it for 3 hours last night after dinner, I had to pry the controller from him and make him go to bed.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I love the indiana jones series, and I loved LEGOs as a kid, but I doubt I could get into this game. I played one of the star wars games a while ago and couldn't get into it.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Did you just use a digital camera for that?

What is button B1? I know its not the Wii version :)

Mike
Catharsis
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Catharsis »

Sounds like PS3 to me, more buttons than you can shake a stick at. Im planning on getting this, maybe for Wii or 360 (whichever is cheapest). The Star Wars series was great ahnd Batman looks really good too.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

all wrong :lol: its the PC version. B1 is the button I have mapped on the joystick. I took the screen shots with FRAPS.

They even have pre-mapped setting for the XBox 360 controller. Thought about picking up a 360 controller for this, but they are not cheap. Even the used ones are still $40.
-Thomas Jefferson
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

You could always mod a regular xbox controller for PC use. It isn't hard, as the Wires for the controller match exactly with the wires for USB. The breakaway cables make it perfect too, because you don't have to ruin an xbox controller to do this.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Thought about it, but I don't currently own a good soldering iron. So buy the time I buy a good iron I could have just bought the 360 controller. I'm just cheap, come on its a console controller why does it have to cost so friggen much.
-Thomas Jefferson
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I was able to do this solderlessly. You just take the short piece of breakaway and cut it, strip the cords, strip the cords of the USB and match colors. You can use shrink tubing if you want it to look good.
----
Andy

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

bubba wrote:all wrong :lol: its the PC version. B1 is the button I have mapped on the joystick. I took the screen shots with FRAPS.

They even have pre-mapped setting for the XBox 360 controller. Thought about picking up a 360 controller for this, but they are not cheap. Even the used ones are still $40.
AHHH thats why the screenshots look so good :)

I have one of those wirless xbox360 controllers for the computer. I think I used it once, but most of the games were a pain to try and set it up for :(

Mike

Maybe I will try it when my free copy of Indiana for the PC comes from a sweepstakes I won :)
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by aircommando13 »

I had a logitech gamepad w/ a rumble featre I picked up for $30 at best buy, but every game I used it with the buttons are like super sensitive because whenever i push a button or move the joystick it does tht action twice. moving around is such a pain and don't get me started on aiming, I killed more of my own guys then I did enemies!

took it back and got a G5 mouse, worth every penny.
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

I'd love to get this game for my Wii, but I told myself that I have to beat Lego Star Wars first, and I'm about halfway through it, so hopefully I'll be whipping it up Indy-style in no time :P

Does anyone have this for the Wii? If so, how is it?
"Who' doing what now?"
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

tomato wrote:I'd love to get this game for my Wii, but I told myself that I have to beat Lego Star Wars first, and I'm about halfway through it, so hopefully I'll be whipping it up Indy-style in no time :P

Does anyone have this for the Wii? If so, how is it?
I did the same thing - I HAD to beat Star Wars first :) I was going to go for 100% in star wars, but i couldnt hold off that long :p I still have some of the blue canister levels to do and a couple super stories.

I have it for the Wii and it is good! I think it is easier than star wars and of course a LOT shorter with only 3 episodes in it. I finished the Story mode already and I only play here and there. Some things, so far, seem more intuitave compared to star wars - like dropping the stormtrooper down that one hole in the middle of the platform to get a canister or red brick, cant remember which. I havent seen anything like that in indiana yet. There is one level that just pissed me off though..lol...little bastards have rocket launchers AND there are 3 towers with lasers shooting at you! Darn rocket launchers have one hell of an exploding zone! It is nice going back through on free play :)

Controls work very nice, sometimes it gets confusing since the z button does a couple things, or when they decide to holster a weapon or shovel you have to unholster it before it will fire, basically the fire button twice to fire the first time - its kinda dumb, they just shouldnt holster the stuff.

Mike

TIP - SPOILER - highlite to see

REMOVED since I cant figure out how to make the text invisible except for a highlite :( Lets just say - after finishing the game in story mode, make sure to do the LAST level first in free play to get the red box ;)

OKAY DONE
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

For 'invisible' text, you have to set it to one of two colours depending on the background colour of your post (if you notice they alternate between slightly different shades).

You need to use the colour tag and pick any colour from the swatches, this will bring up the code inside the tag of: "color=#804080"

You then change the hex code to either #F0F3F3 for the light colour, or #E7ECEC for the dark colour.

Like this (highlight to see):
Hidden Light Text
Hidden Dark Text
Now only one of those will be completely invisible on this post :P

You could also stick the spoilers in a quote box and use the text colour #EBEADD
spoilers wrote:Like so
Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by pmanipole »

i picked this up for the pc yesterday. pretty fun game. i am using 2 logitec game pads and it works perfectly. the kids really like it. the graphics are great looking. only problem was it kept bsod on a certain mission in the game so i loaded up a beta driver and now all is fine.
Krapam
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Krapam »

Hi guys.
Nice forum.
This is my first post here

I have already read Lego Indiana Jones reviews, but still didn't played it yet.
If everything okay will try to do it this weekend on my PS3. Will post here my own review at once.