how many can you do?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

how many can you do?

Post by Alathald »

I was surfing online and came across a site called hundredpushups.com that claims if you follow their schedule you'll be able to do 100 push-ups ("press-ups" for kenc and dan :finga: ) consecutively by the end of the 6 weeks. I thought it sounded fun and even if I fail miserably (probably) at least I'll be in better shape. Hopefully nobody misconstrues this as spam, just thought some of you fellow geeks would like to take the challenge as well...post up your results! (BTW I got 13 consecutively on the initial test...long ways to go)

I just started today so I figured some of you guys might like to join in...
durasellkanin
Legit User
Legit User

Re: how many can you do?

Post by durasellkanin »

my record is close to 100, but i can just manage 50 now
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I'll take this up with you Alathald
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

back when i used to play football i could do about 150 consecutivly. people look at me funny when i say i was (almost) a regional all american middle linebacker :rolleyes:
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

I'd guess... 6. No time to elaborate, my large pepperoni pizza is getting cold. ;)
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bmaverick »

being in my youth, I'm nearing 200 reps at a time.

The most I've seen anyone do was 260. Three days later his belly was black and blue with cramps all night long. Normally he only did 180 but took up a challenge to 260.

Yes go with a plan. Don't do it cold turkey and hurt yourself.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

they need something like this for situps :)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I could probably do 20 or so... I am just out of shape even though I am 6'2" 185lbs. I have never had a lot of muscle mass, but I could do a bunch of situps, probably around 50 or so. I used to do 100 crunches on a crunch machine.

Yeah, but push ups, no where near 100.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I love push ups, particularly the orange sherbet ones :mrgreen:

But really I'll give this a shot, think I could do maybe 8 at the moment. 10-12 hours a day behind a desk has not been kind to me.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Yeah I guess I should have specified...
I meant these: Image Not these: Image
:roll:

Cool that a few of you guys are interested, I'm just going it one day at a time and trying not to overdo it for now :P
I'm starting to enjoy them already :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I would love to get into doing these again, but I always come back from work feeling exhausted (I shouldn't really, it's practically a desk job :P)

I'm pretty slim so I can do them fairly easy, I guess I could do around 20 now (haven't done them in ages). My arm/wrist hurts at the minute though so I'm not going to drop and try any time soon, but when I'm feeling up to it, we shall see.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I didn't look at the program the first time around, but this looks very do-able. I think I may try it out too!

I have been needing a way to loose some weight, maybe I can finally get the pecs and abs I have been wanting.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

vicaphit wrote:I didn't look at the program the first time around, but this looks very do-able. I think I may try it out too!

I have been needing a way to loose some weight, maybe I can finally get the pecs and abs I have been wanting.
i realized i needed to lose weight when my "Pecs" were bigger than some of the woemen i work with :rolleyes:
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

This looks interesting, I'm going to try it out.

And I'm going to stick pullups into the alternating days with the same routine, should be tougher to get up to 100 of those.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Zelig wrote:And I'm going to stick pullups into the alternating days with the same routine, should be tougher to get up to 100 of those.
Overachiever.
----
Andy

Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Zelig wrote:And I'm going to stick pullups into the alternating days with the same routine, should be tougher to get up to 100 of those.
Man, good luck. You must already be in pretty good shape cause I can barely squeak out two overhand pullups and one underhand (chinup). Just don't overwork your arms, though I believe a pullup is a back exercise (least that's what my back tells me :P ).
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I'll join in...I haven't done them in ages(i thnk maybe 10 years lol) my metabolism was so insane when i was young and in baseball i was able to eat all the junk food i wanted....until i quit baseball lol..its still raging but a desk job and sittin at home is doing a lil better than the metab right now...so im game for some push-ups
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Alathald wrote:
Man, good luck. You must already be in pretty good shape cause I can barely squeak out two overhand pullups and one underhand (chinup). Just don't overwork your arms, though I believe a pullup is a back exercise (least that's what my back tells me :P ).
wow, you can do more than me :shock: i cant do one. but then again i do have pretty bad neck/shoulder problems that ironicly came from doing chin ups and not moving my neck back far enough when i tried to come down from one. went to PT for 6 months for that one
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

I recon i could do it in two.. You are talking to someone that started off jogging 1km straight each night and can now do 2.5km!!! Woohoo? and all i do is go jogging each night. i will have to give it a shot, But remember i can throw a pig skin a Quarter mile :finga: :finga:
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

You think you could throw a pigskin over that mountain?
----
Andy