renoracers gaming rig

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
renoracer
Legit User
Legit User

renoracers gaming rig

Post by renoracer »

here is my gaming rig
specs:
ThermalTake Armor
Custom watercooing loop
360mm Radiator installed into front. Rad mounted with 6X 78CFM thermaltake 120mm fans.
Swiftech MCW6500-T thermo electric (peltier) assisted waterbloc. Equiped with a 226W peltier
Meanwell 600W 15V auxilary PSU
Intel E2200 O/C 3.34GIG
8GB Supertalent DDR2-800 Ram O/C DDR2-1100
CoolerMaster Extreme 1250watt PSU
OZC Ram Cooler
Asus p5n-t 780i deluxe
its sitting at ~22deg
3 9800gtx Graphics cards tri sli
enjoy

and this to play it on

ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: renoracers gaming rig

Post by ratNukit »

nice :shock:
I couldn't afford something like that (yet^^)

But there are three cards, but I can only see two on the mainboard :-k , so where did the third go?^^
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

That is a very nice setup :P

I know you've got it overclocked to a nice level, but its strange that you've thrown such a budget CPU in with the rest of those components. You'd probably be able to eek out some more fps by getting a CPU with more cache (something like an E8400 would be the sweetspot) and then that would be able to be overclocked even more in turn.

I don't suppose you fancy putting that sweet graphics setup to a good science cause?
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about773.html
(I know it says CPU there, but there is a new one that uses graphics cards, if you are interested then post back and someone will help you get it set up :mrgreen: )

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

PS. If you are going to go ahead with the move to triple 280's then you really do need to get that CPU sorted.

There are reports going around that the 280 is CPU bound up to 3.5Ghz, and that is with a C2D with 4MB cache, so even with your current CPU at 3.5Ghz the 1MB cache will be hurting the setup there.

Of course the fact that it is tri sli will negate the need for squeezing every last fps out of the system, but I get the feeling you want to get the most out of it :snakeman:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

very nice setup! why dont you throw those graphics cards in the water loop and give that radiator a work out :axe:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

wow, killer rig! I noticed he's running SLI and not 3-way SLI... wonder if it something was having issues or if it is good to go.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

According to his similar thread on EOC he was doing some performance testing between the three setups, and just happened to take the picture with the SLI setup running.
(It's how I knew he is planning on going Tri 280GTX at some point)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

man, what id like to know is what he does for a living! i can tell from the pics that he has a young child and yet he can still afford this :shock:
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

martini161 wrote:man, what id like to know is what he does for a living! i can tell from the pics that he has a young child and yet he can still afford this :shock:
it's called working. I work a 9-5 to pay bills, and then a pc repair/web design side job to afford my toys. His system is better than any of my individual systems, but I have 2 systems that will hold their own against a lot of the systems I've seen posted here, and I'm ready to prove it at 12:01am EOC time tomorrow. ;)
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

So I have to give you back the crown? :(

Oh well, it was fun being on top while it lasted. :mrgreen:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

Even when I was working two full-time jobs and doing side jobs on top of that, couldn't afford anything close to that.
renoracer
Legit User
Legit User

Post by renoracer »

hey thanks guys

just a bit of an update for you all yes i have 3way setup and running but i took out one card due to issues crappy nvida drivers and vista

also i have 3 young childern one is 3years old and the other 2 are twins that are a year old

i am a welder, and have banked alot of cash

also i am up dating my system once again looking to spend 10k for everything keep an eye out for an update

:)
renoracer
Legit User
Legit User

Post by renoracer »

oh and i did a bit more over clocking too have a look see

i wonder if i broke any records yet with this e2200
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

renoracer wrote:also i have 3 young childern one is 3years old and the other 2 are twins that are a year old
Figured you had to have at least one kid, the Thomas The Train chairs were my first clue. I have a couple kids. Ones 9 other 7, couldn't imagine having twin 2 year olds. One at a time was bad enough.

Don't figure you LAN much, other wise you would have picked a lighter monitor :lol:

As for your OC, nice little jump you got there.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson