RADEON X800

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
srd
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

RADEON X800

Post by srd »

After installing my RADEON X800 drivers I get an "Uknown Device" (Location: on RADEON X800 series), on the device manager. I used Windows Update dor the first updates and then the recent Video Drivers from the ATI drivers website. I believe this is causing the computer to auto-reboot everytime I try to run a video file (after a minute or so running) or watch a video online (like youtube). Sometimes I get the "Unknown Device" to disappear but the problem precists.

This is what it looks like Image

How do I solve this :S
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: RADEON X800

Post by DaddyRabbit »

Does this card have VIVO (video in video out) or is it an AIW? Do you have a brand and model or part number for the card? If it's a VIVO card the "unknown device" is probably the Rage Theater chip.

EDIT - My guess is that you have a VIVO version of the card as the AIW would have an antenna jack and would show several devices in the "other devices" category. One way to tell is to look on the back of the card and see if there is a largish chip that says "Rage Theater" on it. If so you may need a different set of drivers.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
DaRuSsIaMaN
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by DaRuSsIaMaN »

Hey guys, so what's the solution??

srd, did you ever get it resolved?

I have the exact same problem! I installed the X800 XL card just now. No it's not an AIW. My device manager looks EXACTLY like the screen shots provided by srd. Same details under "display adapters", same unknown device, same thing that it says in the properties.
ixtenxu
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ixtenxu »

check ur VGA or DVI cable.maybe it is not detected properly.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I used to have one of those cards and as far as I can remember, if you install the "ATI AVIVO" software it will fix it

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Avivo-V ... -1281.html
DaRuSsIaMaN
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by DaRuSsIaMaN »

Oh, I got it fixed. Thanks for the replies anyway. It's a stupid but simple screw-up on ATI's part. What was needed was to install two sets of software, each one a different download from ATI's website. One of them claims to be the complete suite, but in reality it's not complete -- it's missing the WDM drivers. (Despite the fact that the description says it has them.) I tried downloading and running the only other download they had posted, named "WDM Integrated Driver," and that was the magic bullet.
ixtenxu
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ixtenxu »

ATi drivers is pretty difficult but once you installed it,all of your difficulties will replenish becos of the GRAPHICS that it gives to you!:)