No G45 until Sept???

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

No G45 until Sept???

Post by little_tea_pot »

I was searching G45 boards online and the only release date I could find was 3 September on an E-tailers website as an "In stock after" date. Has anybody heard anything different recently?
I've read that its been delayed because of problems with the integrated graphics, which not planning on using anyway. I'm more interested in the new north and southbridge since I'm planning on using my G33 to build a computer for my parents and want a new mATX board anyways.
TooT! TooT!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No G45 until Sept???

Post by DMB2000uk »

Why not go for p45 then?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by little_tea_pot »

DFI is rumored to be making a P45 based mATX board (with Crossfire Support), but it hasn't been released yet either.
TooT! TooT!
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by little_tea_pot »

Well Gigabyte finaly released thier first G45 board. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... uctID=2877
However the disapointing thing for me is that the PCIe x16 slot is limited to x4 via the south bridge... ouch. I know that its aimed at the HTPC crowd but cutting the bandwith back that much is a deal breaker for me. They must have dedicated the x16 lane in the northbridge to the IGP only.
The DFI P45 mATX board should be due out soon but it will likely be around $200
-edit-
Looking over the Intels DG45ID specs it looks like their board has an Either/Or switch in the GMCH so you can get all 16x (2.0) lanes on the expansion slot from the north bridge. I'm wondering what the other board partners are planning.
TooT! TooT!
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Gigabyte has 14 P45 boards. I've got this one http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... uctID=2831 the EP45-DQ6 and it runs like a dream.

It's not Matx but Matx boards are always limited function/feature boards.

I'd spring for a case that will handle a larger form factor board then you have a lot more choices.