The Energy Non-Crisis

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: The Energy Non-Crisis

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Well said, Dan! you got my vote for President!!! :)

As far as oil being a limited resource, believe it or not, a buddy of mine works for Shell oil in Houston TX where stories abound of a massive pool of oil off the Texas Gulf of Mexico that could keep the country in oil for literally hundreds of years.
Is it true? Damned if I know. But the fact remains we're still paying $4+ per gallon for gas.

You cannot make any kind of informed decision about anything from oil shortages to video cards without at least listening what someone has to say about it and gathering information in order to make an informed decision. IMHO, anyway.

Having said that, here is a transcript of the email I received concerning purchasing the book (along with a DVD) "by itself"
The Energy Non-Crisis book is only available with the purchase of a DVD.
One DVD is $34.00. There is an entire set of 8 DVD's available.
There are only a few left and no plans at this time to reprint.

Link Here: http://survivalcenter.com/lw.html

The Survival Center
Providers of Family Preparedness, Health, & Survival Supplies
http://www.survivalcenter.com
1-360-458-6778v
10-6 M-F PT

Be Prepared to Be on you own for extended periods of time!

Always STAY ready to keep from having to GET ready!
Jack says: That's a little creepy but good advice!
If anyone's interested, there ya go
I'm gonna go build my underground vault.... :lol:

Jack
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i just have a radiation suite and a gas mask here. LOL its funny though i live with 3 other people in my nuclear family and im the only one that has one. Well, if we get nuked or dirty bombed (which is actually not unlikely as the area i live in has a high population as well as a high jewish population which makes it a prime target for hezbolua and those nuts) the rest of the familys gonna have to deal with it :lol:
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

They're not gonna nuke Jersey, my friend, New York, Chicago, LA or Boston. Largest amount of causalities
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

You forgot Las Vegas, NV. Don't forget the port of Long Beach. One hit there would take out the port and LAX. We would be, well you know.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

they may not nuke my part of jersey directly, but considering on a good day high enough up, i can see philly, (which if they nuked would cause alot of casulaties, plus they have stuff there like the liberty bell) i would get some radiation, not to mention if they highjack a recent russain missile silo they could nuke every major city on the east coast (MIRVs)
duplo83
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by duplo83 »

Sovereign wrote: but when I saw the words "Baptist Minister" earlier in the thread, the video immediately lost all credibility with me. Baptist minsters are not experts on energy production, no matter how "provocative" they are.
Based upon your train of logic, I'd say that the same could be applied to former vice presidents. Heads of state are not experts on global weather analysis, no matter how "provocative" they are.
Case=Antec Twelve Hundred
Mobo=EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
CPU=Intel Q9450 OC @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU=GTX 280 X 2 SLI
RAM=Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
Sound=Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
PSU=SilverStone DA1000 1000W
3DMark Vantage=Overall-21,591
CPU-43,435
GPU-18,491
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

But Gore had scientists to back him up, he was just the mouthpiece
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

vbironchef wrote:You forgot Las Vegas, NV.

I'm rather glad he forgot Las Vegas ;) (seeing how I live there) lol...i'd be screwed regardless of my location here.. ](*,)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
duplo83
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by duplo83 »

dicecca112 wrote:But Gore had scientists to back him up, he was just the mouthpiece
Good point. All of these dilemmas are excruciatingly frustrating to me. Our country has become so fragmented due to politics, religion, gender preference, etc. that nothing can be accomplished. I'm really saddened by how un-patriotic and pessimistic some people have become. This country is a great place to live. I honestly believe that if everyone just tried to change their attitude and did something proactive for a good cause, many of these problems would be easily solved.
Case=Antec Twelve Hundred
Mobo=EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
CPU=Intel Q9450 OC @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU=GTX 280 X 2 SLI
RAM=Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
Sound=Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
PSU=SilverStone DA1000 1000W
3DMark Vantage=Overall-21,591
CPU-43,435
GPU-18,491
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

The issue is we need to get the government regulations out of the industry.

What is the best industry, with regards to development? Most would say technology.

What is the least regulated industry in the US? technology.

The issue isn't a shortage of oil, the issue is the regulations in order to get it.

Right now, AZ has tried to build it's own refinery for more than 10 years. They want to put it outside of Yuma in this desert wasteland. Guess what? It is tied up in court still and it has been more than 10 years. They keep saying that in 18 months they could have the place built and working. The reason it isn't built is the government regulations.
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

duplo83 wrote:Good point. All of these dilemmas are excruciatingly frustrating to me. Our country has become so fragmented due to politics, religion, gender preference, etc. that nothing can be accomplished. I'm really saddened by how un-patriotic and pessimistic some people have become. This country is a great place to live. I honestly believe that if everyone just tried to change their attitude and did something proactive for a good cause, many of these problems would be easily solved.
I just get so PO'd at how "sensitive" people have become. Everyone takes everything so literally and seems to just look for a reason to be offended. I have my doubts about both candidates in the upcoming but we DO need a major change in the way we think. I personally don't think anybody owes anybody anything.

Each of us is responsible for our own lot in life. Just take a drive down Broadway past Bailey going to downtown Buffalo if you want a lesson in irresponsibility. You get and you have exactly what you should have based on your past and present decisions. So few people want to accept that ironclad fact. YOU are responsible for you. Nobody else.

As John Schnatter, the founder of Papa John's Pizza says,
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten
If you don't change, you don't grow. If you refuse to dress appropriately for the occasion; speak and write the prevalent language of the environment, you're going to be overlooked. It's as simple as that. In order to succeed, a bit of conformity is absolutely necessary. It may be sad but it's true in business or social environments, which are extremely interconnected.

I know that rant is a bit off topic :oops: But one more paraphrased quote, as the Joker said in the first Batman, "This country needs an enema!!

Jack
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan