A newbie question about setting up CrossfireX

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
ci2kla
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

A newbie question about setting up CrossfireX

Post by ci2kla »

Hi guys I'm new to this forum..
Recently I got a problem when setting up a Crossfire feature
Config as below:
Asus P5Q-Deluxe P45
Delta ServerPower 550w Dual PCI-E 6 pin connector
2x Colamax HD 4850
Windows XP Professional

Those 2 cards don't come with the "Crossfire Interconnect Bridge" cable...So I bought them from other people who use ATI cards but don't use Crossfire...
My question is, can I use an older cable (one come with 2600XT, REV.C) for CrossFire? Thanks in advance...
(So far still a failure...CFX option didn't show up in CCC and Everest only should the secondary device as 3D Accelerator rather then Graphics adapter, both devices are detected and worked normally in device manager and CCC only attach one of the primary graphic adapter)
duplo83
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: A newbie question about setting up CrossfireX

Post by duplo83 »

As far as I know, the crossfire connector from the older card should work just fine. As long as it fits the connector it should be fine. Is there some setting within the catalyst control application where you need to activate the crossfire? I have not used a crossfire setup myself, but an SLI setup requires that you activate the feature from within the Nvidia control panel. Perhaps Crossfire is similar.
Case=Antec Twelve Hundred
Mobo=EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
CPU=Intel Q9450 OC @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU=GTX 280 X 2 SLI
RAM=Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
Sound=Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
PSU=SilverStone DA1000 1000W
3DMark Vantage=Overall-21,591
CPU-43,435
GPU-18,491
ci2kla
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ci2kla »

duplo83 wrote:As far as I know, the crossfire connector from the older card should work just fine. As long as it fits the connector it should be fine. Is there some setting within the catalyst control application where you need to activate the crossfire? I have not used a crossfire setup myself, but an SLI setup requires that you activate the feature from within the Nvidia control panel. Perhaps Crossfire is similar.
Yes , in order to enable CrossFire, I have to go to the Catalyst Control Center, select the CrossFireX option tab, and click the enable CrossFire check. But I'm stucked at getting the CrossFire Tab to show up within the Advanced menu...the whole option just never appear for me to activate CFX... ](*,)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I remember back a long time ago that to activate overclocking options in XP there was a registery tweak that had to be installed. Maybe there is a special ATI driver that you need to download, or a program that will activate that tab.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit