Finally built a new one

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Finally built a new one

Post by Racerboyf1 »

I finally built a new rig.

Gigabyte X48-DS4
Intel E8500 3.16 @ 3.33
Corsair Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB @ 1100 I think)
Gigabyte HD4870 @ 780/1090
Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty (not installed in pictures)
WD 1TB HDD
Cooler Master 850W PSU
Big Ass Case

I'm pretty happy so far. It's the first time I actually spent the time to organize the cables properly. What do you think? It seems the mobo is not much of an overclocker, but the system is faster at stock speeds than any other system I've ever had. I plan on adding another HD4870 in Crossfire X soon.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Finally built a new one

Post by Alathald »

Nice! That sure is one Big Ass Case 8-[ that the 1200?
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Racerboyf1 »

Alathald wrote:Nice! That sure is one Big Ass Case 8-[ that the 1200?
Thanks, and yeah it's the 1200.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Nice build you got :)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

why isnt the atx 24pin connector routed behind the mobo tray? sorry, im a stickler for stuff like that, i spend at least an hour hiding wires on all my cases, and more than that when they have a window :finga: but otherwise, nice build!
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Racerboyf1 »

martini161 wrote:why isnt the atx 24pin connector routed behind the mobo tray? sorry, im a stickler for stuff like that, i spend at least an hour hiding wires on all my cases, and more than that when they have a window :finga: but otherwise, nice build!
It was just a tad short for that. Believe me, I tried.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Several people I have seen with the Antec 900 and 1200's have inverted the power supply (facing downward), through a custom made hole in the bottom of the case. Doing this improves the look (no upside down sticker) as well as moving the cables closer to the motherboard tray. If my power supplies had fans in them as yours does, I would definitely look into the option.

As for the 24 pin cable... extensions and sleeving is pretty cheap and would definitely clean up the look of the case a bit. My rev.1 Antec 900 doesn't have the cable management holes in the mobo tray (yet, coming soon), but if it did, I would certainly make use of them to hide as many cables as possible.

Nice looking system! Ever check out our Folding@Home forum? http://forums.legitreviews.com/forum-16.html :)
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Congrats! I saw a memory cooler still in the box. Are you going to use it? I think your rig looks great! One more graphic card and you will be set! You have enough room in there for a lap dance :lol:
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Racerboyf1 »

vbironchef wrote:Congrats! I saw a memory cooler still in the box. Are you going to use it? I think your rig looks great! One more graphic card and you will be set! You have enough room in there for a lap dance :lol:

I can't use the memory cooler with the cpu cooler I chose. I will probably change it out when I add the second graphics card.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Racerboyf1 »

DaIceMan wrote:Several people I have seen with the Antec 900 and 1200's have inverted the power supply (facing downward), through a custom made hole in the bottom of the case. Doing this improves the look (no upside down sticker) as well as moving the cables closer to the motherboard tray. If my power supplies had fans in them as yours does, I would definitely look into the option.

As for the 24 pin cable... extensions and sleeving is pretty cheap and would definitely clean up the look of the case a bit. My rev.1 Antec 900 doesn't have the cable management holes in the mobo tray (yet, coming soon), but if it did, I would certainly make use of them to hide as many cables as possible.

Nice looking system! Ever check out our Folding@Home forum? http://forums.legitreviews.com/forum-16.html :)
I could probably do that. It shouldn't be too hard to cut a hole in the bottom. I'm pretty sure if I flipped the PSU I wouldn't need an extension to rout the 24 pin behind the mobo tray.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

You don't really need the Dominator fan thing, those tiny fans are just going to be loud and annoying, and currently the RAM will get plenty of airflow from the CPU fan.

Nice build, looks like there is a tonne of room to work with in the 1200.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

Since you just finished building your PC hopefully, this is still fresh in your memory...

Question about the Antec 1200, do the drive bays have the little grooves/guides/feet for drive alignment? I'm asking because I'm considering it as replacement for my Antec 300 and populating with 5-in-3 drive cages/back planes. The drive cages won't fit if the case has guides.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3