Sunnytek Mobile Mini Backplane Review - SNT-ESATA1822UESR

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sunnytek Mobile Mini Backplane Review - SNT-ESATA1822UESR

Post by Apoptosis »

Sunnytek recently released the first compact external storage backplane designed for two 2.5" SATA hard drives. With a completely modular and hot-swap arichitecture the ESATA1822UESR is ideal for those wanting dense computing and embedded application. Legit Reviews puts this SATA 3GBs backplane through its paces, but does it come up a winner? Read on to find out!

With the laptop market growing in leaps in bounds over the last few years, the call for mobile external storage is sure to grow with it. SunnyTek has attempted to bridge the gap with its Mini Mobile Back Plane. As SSDs become more commonplace in laptops, the call for larger external storage will grow even more. For those early adopters of the SSD technology, we are often pigeon-held with small hard drives, which for the most part can only store the operating system, so an external hard drive is a must if you want to store more than a few documents. SunnyTek has set the bar high with its mini mobile back plane external hard drive caddy, offering many useful feature and also carrying the title of the first mobile mini back plane currently on the market...

Article Title: Sunnytek Mobile Mini Backplane Review - SNT-ESATA1822UESR
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/804/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $134-$159 on Google Products
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Sunnytek Mobile Mini Backplane Review - SNT-ESATA1822UESR

Post by DX »

I suppose this would be handy if you are doing data collection form a huge system that isn't networked for some reason..... it does have a geek factor in that hey I have a raid in my pocket kinda thing though =)
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

haha raid in your pocket. :). Not really its a good 11 or so inches long and 4-5inches wide
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Gomeler »

dicecca112 wrote:haha raid in your pocket. :). Not really its a good 11 or so inches long and 4-5inches wide
Depends how big your pockets are :mrgreen:
3DMark06 Addict

eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

Thanks for the review - i was looking to buy one of these and import it from USA to OZ, but guess performance wise it ain't that great. I ended up with a Manhattan Dual 2.5" drive L-Type mobile hot swap rack instead

gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Did you test this on USB only or SATA? I might have missed that detail in the article, but I didn't see it.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

For the article USB only. eSata, I was getting around 60-70MB/s. I didn't recieve my eSata card in time for those to make the review
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

dicecca112 wrote:For the article USB only. eSata, I was getting around 60-70MB/s. I didn't recieve my eSata card in time for those to make the review
That explains why the throughput was so low. Thanks!