Running a mile?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Dark_Hawk_101
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Running a mile?

Post by Dark_Hawk_101 »

At school i run a mile every other day and so far my best time is 6:30 just today im not sure if thats good or bad. :shock:
KPOP IS MY LIFE :prayer:
Why are we in Iraq when we should be catching voldermort. Nevermind we gotta catch all the PokEmon xD
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Running a mile?

Post by kappage »

i have been running at night for ages now... I do about 2-2.5km's each night in about 5-7 minutes
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I do a 7:30 mile (when I run 2). That is with a rebuilt knee. I had a hard time getting a surgeon to repair the knee, so the surgery took about a year to get done. By the time I got it, I was walking with a cane. I can now run, but the right leg is still weak from the injury.

I want to do a 6 minute mile. Hopefully after college is out.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

If I remember correctly it's 6:00 flat to win the Presidents Award.

If I ran more than 4 blocks, I'd probably die. Which is funny considering I can hike for 15 miles or better.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I haven't ran a mile in 14-15 years, when I did I think it was somewhere in the 8-9 minute range... I can walk it with a pretty stiff pace in around 15 minutes.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Back when I was active in the service I could do a mile in 5 1/2 mins or less and 2 under 10 on a good day. But then again at that time I was training all the time and ran around 20 plus miles a day and road a bike another 50 miles or so.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I always ran a bit under 13:30 for the 2 mile. Never was very speedy, now load me up with a ruck full of gear and I could walk forever.

A few years ago I was going to do the Bataan Death March with a buddy of mine. Basically load up a ruck to about 45 lbs and do the run/walk in the desert for a marathon.

During our training I jacked up my knee. We trained like you would for a marathon, so when we got up to doing the 14 mile outings that's when the right knee said buh-bye. I may try to go for it again in a few years if I find someone to train up with. Part of my problem is that I was a bit out of shape when we started training. I was going to do that on weekends and the gym thing during the week. It got to the point where my body needed the healing time during the week and eventually I just jacked myself. So next time I decide to get myself into shape I'll probably do 6 months of prep in the gym first, then begin the training with the ruck.

http://www.bataanmarch.com/
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Back in the HS day, I could run a 5K in 18 mins.

Today, the knees don't hold up well running, so riding the bike to and from work 5-1/2 miles each way provides at least 33 miles per week of good exercise.

Running too much can ruin the knees if the wrong shoes are used and the runner is NOT light on their feet. Still, even with that knowledge, the knees can still give out over time.

Back in my day I was an avid runner, today I cycle.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by aircommando13 »

6:45 is my best, but I prefer hiking as well, did 63 miles in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains with a 50lb backpack three months ago
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
Dark_Hawk_101
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Dark_Hawk_101 »

Skippman wrote:If I remember correctly it's 6:00 flat to win the Presidents Award.

If I ran more than 4 blocks, I'd probably die. Which is funny considering I can hike for 15 miles or better.

Whats the persidents award?
kids at my school run 5 minutes average the fast ones
Why are we in Iraq when we should be catching voldermort. Nevermind we gotta catch all the PokEmon xD
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

When I was in school which was a long time ago, it was a test of many different exercises, EX: so many pull-ups, push-ups, long jump from standing postion, standing high jump, some distance running(can't remember how long though) and some other stuff. When I went to boot camp they called it the 500 club. I made the club somehow.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Dark_Hawk_101 wrote:
Skippman wrote:If I remember correctly it's 6:00 flat to win the Presidents Award.

Whats the persidents award?
kids at my school run 5 minutes average the fast ones
That is the fitness award for elementary school kids. I only remember doing it in elementary, not middle or highschool.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Your right, I told you it's been a long time :lol: I think I was in the 7th and 8th grade. High school didn't do that kind of stuff. I did letter 4 years in swimming though. Played some baseball and tennis. As far as running, I used to run about 5 miles and it took me anywhere from 45 min to a hour. One day I thought I was rocky and was high stepping on the cement beach in Chicago next to Navy Pier and I got a really bad case of shin splints. Took like 2 months to heal. After that I was real careful and just paced myself just for the sake of exercise. I took up cycling until I got hit twice in Maui, HI. The first time I lost feeling in both my legs for about 15 min. Went to the ER and the doc said I was one lucky bastard. The second time I flew over a car because the car stopped right in front of me.
Dark_Hawk_101
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Dark_Hawk_101 »

im in middle school now so oh well :lol:
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I average about an 8:30 mile over 6 miles, but now I'm curious what my single mile time would be. Probalby not much better at my age!
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi