ALIENWARE INTRODUCES NEW AREA-51 AND AURORA CASE DESIGN

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ALIENWARE INTRODUCES NEW AREA-51 AND AURORA CASE DESIGN

Post by Apoptosis »

Alienware Customers Now Have The Option of Customizing Desktop Systems with Alienware's New Professionally-Styled Mid-Tower Chassis or Award-Winning Full-Tower Chassis.
MIAMI, FL - July 20, 2005 - Alienware(r), the leading manufacturer of high-performance desktop, notebook, media center, and professional systems, announced that customers now have the option of choosing the new Alienware mid-tower chassis that delivers an appealing balance of professionalism, style, and functionality. Systems that feature the new case design include Alienware's line of value PCs that are ideally suited for home life or business such as the Intel(r)-based Area-51(r) 3500 system and the AMD(r)-based Aurora(tm) 3500 system.

Developed from the ground up through customer inspired innovations, Alienware now empowers the user to choose between the new mid-tower chassis and the well-known, unique full-tower chassis. Available immediately on the Area-51 3500 and Aurora 3500, the mid-tower chassis will also soon be available on Alienware's powerful gaming systems, including the Area-51 4500, 5500, and 7500, as well as the Aurora 5500 and 7500.

Featuring several advancements designed to enhance system performance and stability, the Alienware mid-tower chassis includes a locking door that folds neatly to the side to ensure the protection of vital information stored through drives and ports. With numerous front-accessible ports, users can easily connect a microphone, headphones, or peripherals that utilize FireWire and USB ports. The new case also comes equipped with cutting-edge acoustic dampening to significantly diminish system noise, and is designed to help prevent overly hot system temperatures with an enhanced ventilation design.

"Alienware has always led the industry in providing customers with a wide range of options when building their custom computer systems," said Patrick Cooper, director of product management for Alienware. "While many people prefer the stylish, award-winning case designs of Alienware's gaming machines, there are other people that want more subdued, traditional case designs. Alienware is committed to providing both groups with the best custom PCs on the market."

About Alienware

Alienware manufactures high-performance desktop, notebook, and media center systems and leading-edge professional systems. Alienware offers unique and award-winning products that incorporate state-of-the-art components, innovative engineering and design, and unprecedented customer service. Alienware systems are available direct within the United States, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, and will soon be offered in other locations around the Pacific Rim. For more information, please visit http://www.alienware.com/midtower or call 1-800-ALIENWARE (254-3692).
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Cool if you want to waste money

I like the fack that if i opened the case on either of my pc's and pull out any ramdom part, I could tell how much, how fast and how long;)

for alot less that what they charge you can build a damn nice system
for their asking price....

BUILD YOUR OWN!

'nough said...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I agree and to be honest I don't like the new case as seen below.

The Aurora 3500 case as seen on the left above and below with the door open doesn't do anything for me.

kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Apart from my first post,

They seem to have gone down in standards, with the older model, your could see where some of your money went.
With the new case the door, it opens the full lenght, why not just open the top half. It only has two ext. drive bays. The lower i/o ports should be accessable with the door closed.

Thats all before the internal view (which they don't show!) and astethics!

But they seem to have a market, and some people think they go faster?

All they (and others!) do is either, if your luckey, is buy good parts that run good @ stock speeds and put in a nice package.
Most buy cheaper and proprietary parts in bulk, and even lower latencies and other settings (with average joe wouldn't see), to keep stability above all costs. If they do this they get less hardware issues, less support calls etc. The only thing they have to replace is drives, they die every ~2ys? Their cost ~$40 when you buy the pc, $20 when/if dies under guarantee 2 years later.
They charge hardware support, when most systems will run, slower but "stable"

Another thing is they run with HIGH temps, that can't bet bad in the long run. Why not get good cooling on you DIY system, overclock and get better performance and could also live as long or longer because of lower temps.
A DIY system will/can (see options!) have more suppoort for internal and external devices AND UPGRADABILTY!

I'm sorry to go on here but you hit a raw nerve there!

I HATE OEM'S!

If you are techincally minded or just like to fidget with stuff, you can build a pc. It's just like a big LEGO set.

Not trying to have a go @ you Apoptosis.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

preaching to the choir good buddy ;)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

most definitely apop, I believe that PC manufacturers and configurators (like Alienware) push way wayyyyy beyond the line of highway robbery. Just looking at the prices of their components, knowing good and well they're from the same companies we can purchase from for less, it can easily be seen that they are looking for that uber-profit margin. man, for 2 g's, I could build one hellacious system (or at least start, if I opt for the dual-core A64, hee hee) with all the components I want and need. And, as kenc was saying, I know what I have with my own system. You really would have a hard time discerning what manufacturers they went through for certain components, such as the overrated cases they have (I prefer the much simpler, and personally, more attractive and functional Antec cases like the TX1050B). Whoops, didn't mean to go like that myself, feel like I wrote a review, lol :|
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

stupid.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I believe it was the original Antec 1030B that i really liked and was the first non-beige case that I fell in love with. It was so sturdy I could stand on it and had decent airflow for the time. That was back in 2001ish i believe... hard to believe that it was 4 years ago already that then Antec case revolution started.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

The 1030B was an attractive case, indeed. It's a shame I didn't learn how to build a system until about a year ago, otherwise I would be sitting here with a decent system in that case today.