Rockstar's Sex scenes force 'Grand Theft' re-rating

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rockstar's Sex scenes force 'Grand Theft' re-rating

Post by Apoptosis »

Bad news for the gaming industry as Take Two Interactive admitted to putting the sex scenes into GTA: San Andreas and the video game industry has changed the rating from Mature to Adult Only. Shares of Take-Two rose 12 cents to close at $27.07 on the Nasdaq, but later dropped $3.07, or 11.3 percent, in after-hours activity. On Thursday morning the stock is down another $1.30 or 4.8% in the early hours of trading.

Rockstar's parent, Take Two Interactive, admitted for the first time Wednesday that the sex scenes had been built into the retail game -- not just the PC version but also those written for Xbox and PlayStation2 consoles.

The video game industry on Wednesday changed to adults-only the rating of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," a best-selling title in which explicit sexual content can be unlocked with an Internet download.

Rockstar Games, said it was now working on a new version of the game that would satisfy the original "M" for mature rating. It said it would provide new labels to any retailer willing to continue selling the version currently on store shelves.
Source: CNN News
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Hillary Clinton was just upset cause Bill never gave her that kind of action. ;p
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

That's nothing suprising. For everyone who plays GTA, there's another person who thinks it's disgusting and perverted, so it's just another hot issue in the culture wars.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

I don't think the versions should be upped to Adult Only when the sex scenes were locked in the first place.
Sasquatch
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm starting to think now is the time to sell my PC copy on Ebay. I think I could probably get what I paid back out of it.
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

Sasquatch wrote:I'm starting to think now is the time to sell my PC copy on Ebay. I think I could probably get what I paid back out of it.
I here that they are going to fix the game and release it minus the sex scene. I would hold onto that copy a little longer because you may be able to get quite a bit for it on EBay if they do modify it. :)

Alister
Knight Who Says Ni!
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Knight Who Says Ni! »

InFuZiOn wrote:I don't think the versions should be upped to Adult Only when the sex scenes were locked in the first place.
Agreed, why make a a game AO for something that was locked and has to be downloaded to see. :?