Newegg shipping change?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Newegg shipping change?

Post by ibleet »

Did anyone besides me notice a shipping change at Newegg?

My last 3 orders came in record slow time (roughly twice the Newegg usual). They were originally shipped DHL, but DHL hands the order off to the USPS and the postal carrier has been smashing (forcing) these packages into my mailbox and damaging them. I remember when all my Newegg orders came from UPS and they were lightning fast and never damaged. The shipping was one of the many reasons, if not the primary reason for selecting Newegg. Now I am not so sure and I am not a happy camper!

I think this new shipping method, which I don't recall from before is called EGGSAVER, but I may be wrong and it may not even relate to that.

Anyone else get anything from Newegg that came via DHL shipping?
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Newegg shipping change?

Post by DaIceMan »

yeah, it's a nightmare. I had the same problem on a small package (microSD card) and I know some of my buddies have had problems as well. My order shipped DHL from Memphis, TN to somewhere KY just outside of Cincinnati, Ohio where it sat for 3 days. From there to Kansas City, KS where it was handed off to the USPS and delivered after 7 days total to me just outside Springfield, MO. Memphis to Springfield is 2 days USPS, 3 tops if the sorter in Springfield doesn't get it in the rural drivers hands.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I ordered a Phenom II on 2/26/2009 at noon and it arrived at noon on 2/27/2009 without paying the $2.99 rush fee.

No problems here and it came 'UPS Ground'... I also ordered a CD-Rom a couple weeks ago and it took two days to arrive.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I've run into this before too. Seems to depend on the item you order. Some things come in 1-2 days like Nate says, others can take over a week. There doesn't seem to be any way to know which method they're going to use on thier free shipping option.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Depends on where is comes from. For me here in STL if its coming from Memphis I'll have it the next day. From their New Jersey warehouse can take up to 4 days. When you get the tracking number go look where the origin scan is, the close it is to you the faster you will get it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

Last weekend I ordered a motherboard, RAM, processor, and video card (which was 10% off THIS weekend ](*,) ) and everything arrived Wednesday by UPS. I believe DHL and UPS reached a deal last year where UPS is shouldering much of DHLs workload which tells me that DHL is struggling to maintain so packages shipped through them are going to be a bit slow. I was bummed that Newegg has a 15% restocking fee which pretty much rules out any returns if you change your mind. :? That being said they're about 15% cheaper than anyone else!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Skippman wrote:I've run into this before too. Seems to depend on the item you order. Some things come in 1-2 days like Nate says, others can take over a week. There doesn't seem to be any way to know which method they're going to use on thier free shipping option.
I think Skippman hit the nail on the head. The thing is that I have used Newegg for many years and I have used the free shipping option more times than I can count, and it wasn't until the past few weeks that they began to use DHL and it really grinds my gears. My one order was forced into my mailbox so hard that I had to request a replacement because of the damage.

Its just annoying when you wait a week for a package that used to come in a day or 2 at most, and then it is damaged and you have to wait another 2 weeks for a replacement.

That is not the quality that I have come to expect from Newegg, and I pray that they come to their senses. I know that with enough complaints, returns and replacements, they eventually will.

Don't get me wrong, I hear what Nate is saying too...when Newegg uses UPS to ship my packages, they are lightning fast and damage free!

Thanks for the replies!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

DHL is now basically defunct so I would imagine UPS and FedEx will be the only couriers before long.
Joe
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

FZ1 wrote:DHL is now basically defunct so I would imagine UPS and FedEx will be the only couriers before long.
Want it fast? FedEx.

Want it cheap? UPS.

Want it slow and mangled? DHL.

Nuff said.
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

FZ1 wrote:DHL is now basically defunct so I would imagine UPS and FedEx will be the only couriers before long.
DHL is stopping all domestic shipping in the US sometime this year! They will continue to do international shipping and receiving in the US but UPS, USPS and FedEx will be picking up DHL's domestic work load bit by bit.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I ordered my new rig from newegg and it all came UPS..Never got DHL from then..only had DHL once and didn't have any issue, other than taking a long time and that the company not saying it was coming via DHL.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

DHL should cease domestic shipping in June I believe. I think Newegg is then switching to USPS for those smaller items.

I have never had DHL deliver a package on time, they always have "failed to deliver" messages when trying to get it to my post office.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I complained to the egg about how long shipping took on a 3 day package. They gave me a code for 10 bucks off my next order 8)
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

I normally use the UPS 3-day option because my orders are pretty heavy and I usually get those next day if I order by 12pm PST (from California warehouse). I've only used the Egg-Saver shipping once (4GB microSD cards) and thankfully, those got to me without issue, albeit, with a bit of delay.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

I suspect this will answer most questions: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16447

And yes, one would think DHL was going away, but apparently Newegg is using them through UPS, which then hands some Newegg Saver shipping packages over to the USPS. Considering the routing of some of these packages, its no wonder there are delays, wow. #-o
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

That's one of the reasons I do as much business with DirecTron as I do. I've never had a problem with them and I always get my packages in 3 days. My co-workers wonder what I do that I need to get sometimes 3 or 4 packages a week mailed to me here at the office.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

XstollieX wrote:I complained to the egg about how long shipping took on a 3 day package. They gave me a code for 10 bucks off my next order 8)
I've complained 3 times now on 3 different orders and no coupon. I'm not complaining about the time delay, but rather the damage caused by the carelessness of the local Post Office. Maybe I should call the Post Office and complain to them directly although I doubt it would help.

Thanks for the link Kougar, that answers all my questions. :)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Are you making sure they understand that you have to RMA the product when it is damaged from being stuffed in the mailbox? Maybe that will keep them from using a service that employs morons (USPS).
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

LMAO...Yes I absolutely did tell them that and they offered to replace the order no questions asked. They haven't even asked me to return the damaged shipment.

Whether or not they decide to discontinue using that service is yet to be seen.

As far as complaining to the Post Office, I don't think that is a good idea because my mail might start getting lost. :mrgreen:
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Never had a damaged package shipped from the Egg before, but for some reason, the Egg has never beat 5-days getting stuff out to me. They have always been the slow ones over the years. Directron has been quicker.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights