Ati x1650 big problem...

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Ati x1650 big problem...

Post by xplor »

finaly, one half of problem is solved. The biggest problem was from VPU recover. was activated, and everytime in game my GPU was reseted, don't know why, but was. Now, (some times my computer restarts) after the game is blocked few second my monitor is going to be gray... this can happen once at half hour, hour, 2-3 hours, once per day, or more.. or less.. Can happen everytime, but is not turning off from VPU recovers, that's disabled now. that's from other thing. What can be ?... ](*,)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

largon wrote:Sounds like an unstable video card.
It could be overheating, or just simply busted.

Insufficient power/12V amperage would cause an immediate reset as the overcurrent protection in the PSU activates and shuts down the PSU, not just loosing the picture.
what you are saying makes no sense. how would insuficent current make the overcurrent protection shut down the system?
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

this thing becomes annoying. I hate when in FlatOut2 before finish in a race, my computer freeze.
And in area51. Before checkpoint freeze. This make me lost everything i done before, and i lose control :( looking for a solution, if someone have one... :x :(
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

what is the Make/Model of monitor you use
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

I was so close to belive that my problems with my ATI x1650 is gone.. but isn't ...!! my old problems is back. When i'm getting in any game, now ANY without exceptions, after few minutes is going to RESTART computer, to BLOCK the image and to be blocked how time i leave it, to get a BLACK SCREEN without sound or to get a BLACK SCREEN with sounds of the game, that means the game is still running without video.!
Really i don't know what to do, i reinstalled ATI Driver, i just downloaded and installed the latest driver, and it's work fine (the driver). I disabled VPU recovery ... My PSU is still that 380-400w. I reinstallned windows serveral times. All i don't know is the TEMPERATURE of the GPU .. i`m not sure but maybe my video card had no sensors .. i`m just not sure. I have to get a program that shows the temperature but i didnt find one good ...
I just asked persons with college done, persons who know all about computers.. but ... They really don't know what is going one to be ... i don't support anymore, i had played a lot of game too many, and too many hours of work, i don't want to give up.

I have uploaded my DxDiag info......
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=921136349
Sorry about other sites on upload but Upload attachment didn't work on extension txt ...
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

...But is there a Change to be connected bad the Pins on the video card ?? ... for example to connect reverse and my Fan Cooler to roll in opposed way, and the air to be prompted in the wrong direction and can be overheating ?........
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

couldn't understand a word you said on that final post...use gpu-z..it will show you your video card temps as long as the card has a monitor for the temps..you need to also check the heat from your whole rig..if the computer is restarting, it could be heat or maybe even the psu is going bad.. i didn't click on your link since I didn't see a picture and I'm not going to download a file from a place i don t know(I'm a real pr*ck bout that stuff lately)..regardless, look into the temps inside the computer along with the video card..

heres a link to gpu-z
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

RealTemp will show system temps(mainly cpu and a few others)

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/Real_Temp/
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

never mind, anthoer post, was just a theory... With GPU-z really or i have trouble with my eyes, or i don't have temp sensors on my video card.
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

An other part of the mystery was solved... My fan of my video card was full on dust, overheating ... but now my computer is just restarting in some games, is restarting every time in Perfect world, rarely in carbon and never in CS ... but why... what's the difference ?... :| don't understand what's the final part of the mystery
skier

Post by skier »

xplor wrote:...But is there a Change to be connected bad the Pins on the video card ?? ... for example to connect reverse and my Fan Cooler to roll in opposed way, and the air to be prompted in the wrong direction and can be overheating ?........

=

Code: Select all

maybe something is plugged in wrong, for example, the fan plug is in backwards making the fan push the air the wrong way, making it overheat
and for the last post, it probably restarts in perfect world and carbon because they are too demanding of a game for your setup, where Counter-Strike is a less stressful game, so the card can handle it easily
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

skierkid450 wrote:it probably restarts in perfect world and carbon because they are too demanding of a game for your setup, where Counter-Strike is a less stressful game, so the card can handle it easily

couldn't have said it better.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

is not about only these game, these is mains. is happening at all big games... i made a picture to the blue screen before my computer restarts

InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I think the next logical step at this point, would be to back up whatever is important IF possible, and re-install Windows. It's what I would probably do..there's more than 1 thing that can cause that BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) saying the win32k.sys is the culprit if I remember right..including a bad OS install or corrupted file in Windows besides hardware. At least then if it happens again after the reinstall, we'll know it's hardware related
xplor
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xplor »

Then that's the last part of my mystery computer with annonymous restars/lock... After overheating, bad cooling, VPU recover, dust on PSU/fans, non-compatible overclockings, drivers and now Reinstalling the OS. Thank god that had a finish point (i guess). Anyway have to thanks all for helping because without any post from this topics, maybe my computer was falling down from 4th floor on window. :) =P~
Boatista
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Boatista »

I have one of these cards, and was astonished to discover an exposed processor on the backside of the card with no heatsink/fan on it. This chip gets very hot during graphic intensive program use, and will cause the card to roll over and reboot the machine.
If you look at the way ATI has fastened the heatsink and fan to the GPU on the front side of the card, it is with four spring loaded bolts. Examining the exposed (AGP) processor on the backside shows that it is surrounded by high temp sponge tape designed to support a heatsink and fan, and the position of this chip correlates to the bolt holes for the other heatsink.
Grab an old northbridge chipset heatsink and fan and lay it across the chip while attempting to line up the two holes. You will notice the bolt holes don't quite make it to the bolts, while the heatsink only covers about 95% of the AGP chip.
This can be adapated with relatively little work using a small rat tailed tungstun file. Carefully elongate the holes on the northbridge heatsink until they just allow two of the spring loaded bolts to pass through them. The tape will keep the heatsink flush across the chip and allow it to make good contact. The fact that a tiny edge of the processor is exposed matters not - the heatsink will work just as well from an edge as it would from dead center, especially if it has a fan on it.
The same bolts that hold the original heatsink and fan will also hold the additional one perfectly, as if they were made to do so (which they probably were). Powering the fan can be a problem if you have to fiddle with an oddball connector, which will require some soldering or other adaptation.
This permanent fix has worked perfectly to such a degree, that I called ATI and asked them for the part. They deny any such part was ever designed, and that it does not exist. You will have to make your own, or chuck the card.
I won't be so quick to trust ATI anymore, or to buy parts sight unseen online of this nature.

Boatista
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Boatista
Find More Posts by Boatista