Anyone know of good earbuds?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
tekgek
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Anyone know of good earbuds?

Post by tekgek »

Okay, Im getting really fed up with my bose earbuds, which keep losing the tips. Does anyone know of relatively inexpensive earbuds that dont lose their tips? Price range is anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars.

Thanks,
Tekgek
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Anyone know of good earbuds?

Post by Alathald »

Try a set of skullcandy or v-moda. Both top notch brands. This is a pretty good site for research but they carry mostly higher end stuff.

Also might want to try in-ear monitors (IEMs), much more comfy than earbuds...
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

www.dealextreme.com

They have these pairs of fake Bose earbuds selling for $10 and it's pretty good. Well the old batch was pretty good, dunno bout the current batch.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

this is why you should never buy bose.... their drivers are subpar as is the overall build quality
Last edited by martini161 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Shure has great earbuds. Their customer service is freakin' awesome. I punish their earbuds with 4 mile runs and heavy gym time, only time I had a problem, I sent them in and 8 days later got a brand new pair.

The cheapest place I have found is: FMASolutions. Just Google it.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I just logged back in because I was going to post something about this. I have the Sennheiser CX300. I have had them for about... a year. I was finally getting used to the sound I thought. I was thinking man they really just don't have the oomph I remember. So I went out and got a pair of Sonys. Model number unknown, they were $50 at comp usa and I returned them. I basically tried them out and was like well they are better, but not what I wanted. I decided I was going to splurge and came across a forum of someone saying take out the screens and clean it. I didn't know you could and never thought that the back of the screen would be gross. IT WAS NASTY COVERED IN EARWAX!!! I cleaned them out. And I now remember why I love these things so much.

Sennheiser CX300 or the 500s depending on budget they are insane if you have a good source. Amazing bass and highs. Perfect mids. They crank so good at high volumes if I'm in the gym and it goes from metal to a hard rap song I have to turn it down because it makes my ears shake. Get a legit pair and you will be happy. The bad reviews I'm positive are only from people who got knock offs.
Jakey The Avatar
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jakey The Avatar »

+1 for the Sennheiser CX300

I just got a pair this week to go with my new SanDisk Sansa Clip.
I'm very happy with both.
You move north.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

what was the choice?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

hercules71185 wrote:I just logged back in because I was going to post something about this. I have the Sennheiser CX300. I have had them for about... a year. I was finally getting used to the sound I thought. I was thinking man they really just don't have the oomph I remember. So I went out and got a pair of Sonys. Model number unknown, they were $50 at comp usa and I returned them. I basically tried them out and was like well they are better, but not what I wanted. I decided I was going to splurge and came across a forum of someone saying take out the screens and clean it. I didn't know you could and never thought that the back of the screen would be gross. IT WAS NASTY COVERED IN EARWAX!!! I cleaned them out. And I now remember why I love these things so much.

Sennheiser CX300 or the 500s depending on budget they are insane if you have a good source. Amazing bass and highs. Perfect mids. They crank so good at high volumes if I'm in the gym and it goes from metal to a hard rap song I have to turn it down because it makes my ears shake. Get a legit pair and you will be happy. The bad reviews I'm positive are only from people who got knock offs.
There a picture guide to taking the screens of these? Mine are probably due for a clean sometime soon :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Fake Bose headphones They seem to be excellent for $7. Just keep in mind that you'll wait around 2 weeks for shipping.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

DMB2000uk wrote: There a picture guide to taking the screens of these? Mine are probably due for a clean sometime soon :P

Dan
It's actually VERY easy. Take off the rubber pieces that go in your ears. And use a fine needle or something like it and you will notice a slight 3d shape on the screen. Put the needle against it and lift it up, look at the back of the screen and if it's bad it will look pretty bad.

If you'd really like I'll take some super macros with my new camera to show you :-D
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Just to give you an excuse to play with your new toy, yeah, go ahead and take some pics :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Managed to take any pics yet?

Can't figure out how to get the screen off mine.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

FMASolutions

Any Shure bud is good.
tekgek
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tekgek »

Sorry, been really busy, could not even check the forum. I looked at everything, and the choice is the Sennheiser CLX 400. They work great, perfect for the gym. Thank you for all your help. Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

Sorry Dan I'll have them up today. Old computer fried.