Constant Team PPD Drop

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
geokilla

Constant Team PPD Drop

Post by geokilla »

For the first time ever since I joined folding for Legit Reviews, we didn't break 100k PPD. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=38296. What's going on team?!

We've already dropped from 86 to 87, and will only continue to drop more at this rate. One notable team who will be passing us soon is Hardware Canucks who will soon be passing us by putting out over 500K PPD, and soon to be 600k PPD. They have a contest going on where ASUS will be providing the winners with two top-of-the-line NVIDIA GPUs. One of them is the ASUS GTX260 216 Matrix and the other is the GTX285 Ultimate.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Constant Team PPD Drop

Post by Sporg »

I know mine has dropped because I'm only running one of my rigs. Too much heat getting put out by the rig in the bedroom. That means that my 2 9600GSO's are barely going to be doing anything the next couple of months. My 4850 should be running most of the time which only puts out around 2-3k/day. And on top of that the energy hike is kicking our tails a bit, so cutting back until the weather gets cool again.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I honestly haven't seen my power bill yet after installing the new parts. Like Sporg, it gets insanely hot in the computer room while folding(gotta love multi-gpu folding) and living in Vegas doesn't help much either. It's great in Winter,I don't have to use heat much then. I may not allow you to beat me to the million mark Geo:P but until I know what's up on bills and such, I'm gonna be laying low. Plus I took a listen to my A/c unit outside today, i might be having to do some more work on it sometime soon. Hopefully not. There will be some folding spurts here and there though, I won't let myself not fold
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Looks like a lot of our big folders are producing less. Even Happy1, who was going strong at 15k/16k is now at 7k.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

My mac had spazzed out and was stuck on 100% complete for all three clients. Sods law that it happened the day after I was away from it for two weeks (and when I got back on quick checks the fact that it just said 100% complete didn't ring any alarm bells till I checked out my points).

I've wiped and re-installed it now (forgot how I did it in the first place to had to go and look it up again >_< )

Should be back online folding at full steam now :)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

A couple key folders on our team quit or stopped folding as much... DaIceMan used to be cranking out on average 12,000 to 14,000 ppd, but is down under 2,000 ppd now - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=210238

Bwall stopped folding and he used to be getting over 10,000 ppd as well - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=196683

Not sure why many of our key folders quit or slowed down, but many have.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Here's my reason for stopping.. :(

http://forums.legitreviews.com/about20981.html
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

i added 3 GPU folders in the last month....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Just started my rig back folding...not much but it's something :drinkers:
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Apoptosis wrote:A couple key folders on our team quit or stopped folding as much... DaIceMan used to be cranking out on average 12,000 to 14,000 ppd, but is down under 2,000 ppd now - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=210238

Bwall stopped folding and he used to be getting over 10,000 ppd as well - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=196683

Not sure why many of our key folders quit or slowed down, but many have.
Had my home laptop folding, but do to electricity costs I stopped on that. Had my 2nd work laptop folding, but they took that back, so I'm down to my work quad and work laptop. The work laptop gets used much more so it doesn't fold that much, so its down to the quad. Honestly if someone wants to send me a GPU to fold with in my work desktop (I work in DC, and never shutdown my work desktop), I could do that. I don't forsee me ever folding on my personal laptop again. Just too expensive, unless I get a place were Unlimited Electricity is included in the rent. Nate I think its time for another contest.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well, it's hard to ask companies for cards when I sent out not one, but three cards to be reviewed to the staff here and they never do the reviews. Hard to ask for contest prizes when people on the staff take hardware and don't review it. It doesn't matter if it's a $200 card or a $50 card if someone takes a review sample to review it they need to get it done. I'm not going to say who it is because they both know who they are, but it saddens me that they have hurt the site, the community and our impression to the industry by not sending something back. Yes, I even asked for the cards back and no e-mail response. Sadly, they post here nearly daily and even post comments on my Facebook. No hard feelings if they sent it back so I can send it to someone else, but what can I say.

So right now we are over 3 months late on reviews for three video card companies. Those companies have not sent us a card since due the the fact that those cards are not reviewed... Really sucks.
Follow Me on Twitter!
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Apoptosis wrote:well, it's hard to ask companies for cards when I sent out not one, but three cards to be reviewed to the staff here and they never do the reviews. Hard to ask for contest prizes when people on the staff take hardware and don't review it. It doesn't matter if it's a $200 card or a $50 card if someone takes a review sample to review it they need to get it done. I'm not going to say who it is because they both know who they are, but it saddens me that they have hurt the site, the community and our impression to the industry by not sending something back. Yes, I even asked for the cards back and no e-mail response. Sadly, they post here nearly daily and even post comments on my Facebook. No hard feelings if they sent it back so I can send it to someone else, but what can I say.

So right now we are over 3 months late on reviews for three video card companies. Those companies have not sent us a card since due the the fact that those cards are not reviewed... Really sucks.

That sucks, I can understand that some people are busy.... but, if they are that busy, wouldn't it be easier to just ask you to send it to someone else? If I could, I would help you Nate, but having no internet connection at home would make it too hard for me to do full reviews.
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
skier

Post by skier »

what specific cards are they nate?
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

skierkid450 wrote:what specific cards are they nate?
Ones that you haven't seen reviewed on the site for a bit. ;)
Follow Me on Twitter!
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

dicecca112 wrote:I don't forsee me ever folding on my personal laptop again. Just too expensive, unless I get a place were Unlimited Electricity is included in the rent.
Good Thing I've got Electricity included at my place here. :mrgreen: Had my Pc running and folding from sunday on (since I've got internet here) and have no intention on turning it off sometime soon. I'ts gotten real quiet since I got the CM Storm Sniper as a reaction to the great review here on the site and I'm really happy with it :) .
skier

Post by skier »

Apoptosis wrote:
skierkid450 wrote:what specific cards are they nate?
Ones that you haven't seen reviewed on the site for a bit. ;)
well isn't that helpful, i meant depending on the card i could buy it and review it myself...
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

GI-JOE wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:well, it's hard to ask companies for cards when I sent out not one, but three cards to be reviewed to the staff here and they never do the reviews. Hard to ask for contest prizes when people on the staff take hardware and don't review it. It doesn't matter if it's a $200 card or a $50 card if someone takes a review sample to review it they need to get it done. I'm not going to say who it is because they both know who they are, but it saddens me that they have hurt the site, the community and our impression to the industry by not sending something back. Yes, I even asked for the cards back and no e-mail response. Sadly, they post here nearly daily and even post comments on my Facebook. No hard feelings if they sent it back so I can send it to someone else, but what can I say.

That sucks, I can understand that some people are busy.... but, if they are that busy, wouldn't it be easier to just ask you to send it to someone else? If I could, I would help you Nate, but having no internet connection at home would make it too hard for me to do full reviews.
3 months....even if they are busy they should at least let Nate know or something. At least do your part to keep up your end of the bargain so you could continue to get "free" GPUs. Are any of the posters here one of those who received a GPU but not review them? I'm just curious...Maybe I should go on Facebook and stalk these people :finga:

I'm not sure what the electricity cost is like at my place, but I think it's more or less the same as before. Now that I live in a smaller townhouse compared to the old detached house. If your friends don't mind, you could always ask/remind them to fold for you. That's what I did and it's a pretty good way to keep or increase your PPD while folding less. After all, it is for medical research. Contests and points are just an incentive to F@H.
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Well I reduced my folding down to 1 rig. I had 2 going but since I've been working on my master bathroom I shut it down because it sits right outside it and was getting a lot of dust from the drywall sanding.

My gaming/everyday rig I shut down because it takes too much of a performance hit when doing anything else that I end up stopping it all the time anyway. I wish you could set the amount of GPU usage.

I had shut down the 9800gtx for a brief amount of time because I was working on moving stuff around and didn't turn it back on. It's back up now.

I have noticed that not many people seem to care anymore around here. Heck nobody noticed when I broke 2 million!
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

same things folding 24/7 for me, but sometimes I am at 11k point and sometimes in the 9k range- I have NO idea why!

shame on those reviewers! Life does get in the way, but 3 months should have at least given them time to send it back :(

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Mad_Goku wrote:Well I reduced my folding down to 1 rig. I had 2 going but since I've been working on my master bathroom I shut it down because it sits right outside it and was getting a lot of dust from the drywall sanding.

My gaming/everyday rig I shut down because it takes too much of a performance hit when doing anything else that I end up stopping it all the time anyway. I wish you could set the amount of GPU usage.

I had shut down the 9800gtx for a brief amount of time because I was working on moving stuff around and didn't turn it back on. It's back up now.

I have noticed that not many people seem to care anymore around here. Heck nobody noticed when I broke 2 million!
CONGRATS ON YOUR 2 MILLION!!! :partyman:

I'm trying to make my friends remember to fold, but so far it's not going well. I think I'm getting annoying lol.
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!