Time for an LR Folding Challenge?

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time for an LR Folding Challenge?

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks like a couple teams are about to pass us up...

guru3d is gaining 38,049 points per day on us and will pass us in 2.1 Weeks
AMD Zone is gaining 26,381 points per day on us and will pass us in 3.3 Weeks

I think it's time for a challenge or folding contest to get things knocked up a gear... what do you guys think?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Time for an LR Folding Challenge?

Post by InspectahACE »

I'm down for it
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

open to any and all ideas!
Follow Me on Twitter!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I can prolly throw down a few more wus before the wife see's the elec bill again. With the 2 of us collecting unemployment money is a bit tight right now though.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I realize a contest might make some people join then leave, but we could just hold it for the people who are already members if that's possible. I know we discussed why contests were a so-so idea in another thread, but i think that was before we saw the gains that were being made on us. When we held a challenge not too long ago to get to a certain score and went up a few ranks, we did good, but that was before the economy went down the crapper and power bills went up(or behind). a contest might get some folders to turn on the afterburners even with tight wallets. I don't know of any other ideas to be honest. Regardless, more than 1 team with 5 digit gains against LR is a bit scary since we did so well before.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Whatever can boost our team score I am all for. I just started folding again and I am having some issues with my second G.C. I did some windows updates and now my second card doesn't work. Will try to fix issue in the next few days. I don't think that F@H likes windows 8. What are your thoughts?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm seeing what I can round up for some prizes... just made a phone call and I think I got an 'old' Intel X48 motherboard and LGA775 core 2 processor.... that would make a nice prize! I'll see if I can round up at least three worthy prizes and we'll kick something off... F@H on Windows 7 is hit or miss from what I've been told.
Follow Me on Twitter!
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

InspectahACE wrote:I realize a contest might make some people join then leave, but we could just hold it for the people who are already members if that's possible. I know we discussed why contests were a so-so idea in another thread, but i think that was before we saw the gains that were being made on us. When we held a challenge not too long ago to get to a certain score and went up a few ranks, we did good, but that was before the economy went down the crapper and power bills went up(or behind). a contest might get some folders to turn on the afterburners even with tight wallets. I don't know of any other ideas to be honest. Regardless, more than 1 team with 5 digit gains against LR is a bit scary since we did so well before.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Some of my friends stopped folding simply because they're too lazy to turn it on, it's giving them constant BSODs, or they just forget about it.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
skier

Post by skier »

i could run a GSO in our dell folding 24/7, but my gamer is in my room and is shut off at night(even flip the switch for the PSU because motherboard surface LEDs are so bright even, so folding on it would be limited at best)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

sounds good I went from spot number 228 to 107 in like 4 days and I haven't even really been folding much.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

DAMN gaining on us at 38k a day, I can't even begin to help on my own. HMMM.. Guess it's a team event huh... lol.
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

I'm ready for whatever helps the LR team move forward!
Although I'm pretty much maxed out!
I have 2 comps running the standard client and 3 running the GPU client(1- 8800GTX, 1- 9600GT and 1- 9600GSO)
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I am TRYING to get a core i7 to replace the htpc that took a crap, but the car just needed 2 friggin fuel pumps ( I REALLY want to beat the living **** out of these morons that design cars - 2 fuel pumps on a Saturn Vue - its only like a 15 gallon tank WTF!!! ) and of course each pump is over $400, so a $1300 garage bill will probably be waiting for me today or tomorrow when its done. Just dont know if the wife will go for the "replacing the htpc" thing after that ;)

lost a LOT of points when that puppy went down too! Wish the video card would have survived :( That was the 9600GSO I bought just for that system and folding.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Nate I have some coolers I can throw into the pile.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

I know I said I was going to fold with two machines but I got pretty frustrated with the amount of errors it gave out and quit. I am going to give it another shot and ordered a 9800 GT. I found one on amazon for $96 with a $20 MIR.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:I am TRYING to get a core i7 to replace the htpc that took a crap, but the car just needed 2 friggin fuel pumps ( I REALLY want to beat the living **** out of these morons that design cars - 2 fuel pumps on a Saturn Vue - its only like a 15 gallon tank WTF!!! ) and of course each pump is over $400, so a $1300 garage bill will probably be waiting for me today or tomorrow when its done. Just dont know if the wife will go for the "replacing the htpc" thing after that ;)

lost a LOT of points when that puppy went down too! Wish the video card would have survived :( That was the 9600GSO I bought just for that system and folding.

Mike
Mike,

I live less than 10 miles away from a Saturn only salvage yard and know them fairly well... Do you want me to get you a salvage one under warranty? I can prolly ship you a complete take for under $100 so all you have to do is replace the tank. Not sure if you can tell that shop to stop, but if it isn't too late let me know... If you want me to check into it I can PM you my phone number and we can figure it out.

Nate
Follow Me on Twitter!
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

Sounds like a good idea.

Although I don't know if I can raise my daily points, since I'm already folding 24/7 with one GPU(except for when I do gaming) and two CPUs, and thats all I got. :mrgreen:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ratNukit wrote:Sounds like a good idea.

Although I don't know if I can raise my daily points, since I'm already folding 24/7 with one GPU(except for when I do gaming) and two CPUs, and thats all I got. :mrgreen:
When maxed out see if you can recruit some friends!

maybe we can do a prize for most new folders recruited as well.
Follow Me on Twitter!
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

I friend with a GTX 285 is willing to fold for us.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I should get an i7 and 4 gtx 285s that would boost my PPD huh. If it didn't heat up my damn room so much with 1 GPU folding I'd think about SLI haha. Seriously the room with my PC if left off it is 5 degrees colder than the rest of my house, while gaming or folding, it is the hottest by 5 degrees.