NUMEROUS MONITOR QUESTIONS!!!!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

NUMEROUS MONITOR QUESTIONS!!!!

Post by hercules71185 »

Ok today I went to CompUSA and Best Buy, I want a new monitor I'm worried mine won't last much longer, the whites seem to be fading fast. I have a stuck pixel, and I can change the color if I put on a pixel fixer program. I want a 22 inch or bigger.
Now last time I went shopping for one I remember how hard this was. NOW we have more problems. I have a GTX 260 and can game at 1680x1050 fine, if I get the 1920 x 1080 how bad will that hurt my FPS. Then refresh rates, I'm seeing a new line of monitors with 75hz refresh rates, will this make a difference? I'm also noticing the trend of anti glare continuing. Am I missing something or do the glass screens REALLY look like 100 times better or is that just in a store?
What brands have that gloss and how do I search for it? You search newegg.com for glossy and samsung comes up with their high gloss cabinet. Give me the best one you can find that is 22 inches or bigger and under 250 shipped. I don't care if it's open box, re certified,refurbished or whatever. MIR is fine too. I hear Samsung is the best, but when I went to look at them my compUSA has ALL OF THEIR MONITORS ON 1 OUTPUT!!!!! They all look horrible on the high end side, the low end monitors are all individual. Kind of retarded.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NUMEROUS MONITOR QUESTIONS!!!!

Post by hercules71185 »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824176109
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824001317
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824236052
Those 2 look good, I'm biased against HP, but from what I saw today they seemed pretty good. TONS of people complain about ACER as well, but mine looked fine for it's time and all. Any tips?
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I would suggest the Asus or the Samsung one...you might take a small hit on the performance at the 1920*1080 but it should be minimal. maybe even Hanns-G ..they were darn good when I bought a defective monitor. They shipped me a new one in under 2 weeks after first telling them of the issue.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I ended up with an HP w2338h, it's 23 inches and 1080p. It's glossy too
For everyone against glossy, I had this thing for 30 mins and almost returned it because of the glare on a movie it was soooo bad I hooked up my old matte monitor. I decided you know let's try this, and put my lights by my computer so they didn't directly hit it, and blacked out the window, I needed to since this computer generates heat anyways and for movies I have my friends sit on the couch and watch it on the 32inch HD CRT. Now after I calibrated the monitor, and put on a 1080p movie we watched it on here instead of the big screen!! The picture is freaking amazing! The colors are so clean and perfect. It's not oversaturated, but the blacks are black for sure. The sharpness is insane and it just looks fantastic. It's like night on Pluto vs Day on Mercury on brightness. I have to keep it down or put sunscreen on one of the 2.It looks so much different we actually took the 32 out of here and selling it on craigslist. I just wish I splurged on the 25 now! haha