Why Printers Suck A Big One

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why Printers Suck A Big One

Post by Apoptosis »

My Epson bubble jet printer is out of Cyan... It won't let me print just straight black as Cyan is out of ink... Why have four separate color cartridges and a black only print option if the entire pos printer software won't let it print black when one of the colors has run out. So even though my black color cartridge is 100% full I can't use my printer at all... Now I have to go run into town and waste nearly 45mins just to get an f'n color cartridge that I don't want to use and won't use once I put it in the printer... So frustrating.

Remember that scene from Office Space where they took the 'printer' outside... that scene is about to happen in my front yard if anyone wants to watch.

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Why Printers Suck A Big One

Post by bubba »

spend the $90-100 on a black laser and get something like 5000 sheets from a cart. I have a Brother HL-2040 I bought a while back for $90ish off new egg the carts are $60 each. Think I use one a year, maybe 2.

I don't print pictures, thats what walmart/walgreens is for. I do have an all in one epson that I use for the kids home work when they need something that has to be in color.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Not sure about your printer but depending on how your printer detects the level of ink a piece of tape can fix the problem temporarily. http://www.slate.com/id/2198316/

Also, some printers don't have a detector and just keep track of the amount you've printed so you can just pull the cart and reinstall it. Just be careful about not letting it run run completely dry.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

HAHAH, im right here with you and have experienced the very same frustration! Heres one to you man! :drinkers: