Starcraft II No LAN abilty (sort of a rant)

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Starcraft II No LAN abilty (sort of a rant)

Post by dgood »

I just thought I would throw this out there for those of you who looked forward to late night lan parties playing DOTA 2 in space for hours in a friends basement with low latencies of lan and drinking cases of mountain dew and rockstar. No this will not be eh case. No you cannot play on garena or host a lan game over the internet for your friends to join. I know the primary purpose is for the piracy, but every game will be pirated just now it will be only for single player. I however own 3 copies of warcraft III and have them all cracked so I didn't' need cd's until the most recent patch. I have a not incredibly fast internet connection at 1.5mb and would like the ability to just play with my friends which is all I really care for, I'm not in it for stats and whatever else they tried to convince people they needed so they would have to play on battle.net. Now I think I won't buy the game I'll just stick to warcraft III and save my money for a new computer instead. What do you guys think?
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Starcraft II No LAN abilty (sort of a rant)

Post by Skippman »

Blizzard is draconian about this kind of stuff. I remember BlizNet with Diablo 2 back in the day and hated it then. I still don't get why Starcraft was such a huge hit when there were so many better RT's out there.
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

That is pretty lame. My friends and I have done that plenty of times with Red Alert 3. That's taking a big chunk out of it for a lot of people. I mean, you can still make a game with your friends but LAN, of course, was so much better for that if they were nearby.
EVGA 750i FTW // E8500 // EVGA GTX260 core216 OC // 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz // 150gb WD Raptor // Corsair TX 750w // Antec 1200
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Also to note , I have a friend thats actully testing the game for Blizzard ; and he's told me the laaunch date is AGAIN been put back . No definite release date given at this time .
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

Heh, Thats ridiculous. Doesn't bother me a ton, I might not even buy it, but I know a few friends who have been waiting on this game forever and they keep doing that. I'd be getting mad if it were somethin I was looking toward to.
EVGA 750i FTW // E8500 // EVGA GTX260 core216 OC // 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz // 150gb WD Raptor // Corsair TX 750w // Antec 1200
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

bhelms wrote:That is pretty lame. My friends and I have done that plenty of times with Red Alert 3. That's taking a big chunk out of it for a lot of people. I mean, you can still make a game with your friends but LAN, of course, was so much better for that if they were nearby.
red alert!! those were great days!!
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009