debra lafave: a teacher who had sex with her student.

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

its a crime in any state by law 23yo (teacher or not) and 14yo to have relations.

even if it was my son, I'd prolly go offf the deep end. and make sure the offending adult was properly delt with in court. and my boy got a smack up side the head for being stupid.

she was a teacher, she was intrusted with the well-being of a CHILD, and at 14 the kid is prolly still waiting for his voice to change and for dad to teach him how to shave. he cant even drive for crying out loud. if it had been 17 and 23 thats a little easier to accept.
boys are generally allowed more at this age than girls (for a simple reason: they cant get pregnant for example).
WRONG!! yes they can't get pregnant, but they can get a girl pregnant, just as bad. your boy comes home school, "hey dad I got my hot married teacher pregnant, what should I do?"
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

bubba wrote:its a crime in any state by law 23yo (teacher or not) and 14yo to have relations.
actually Im from canada and here- like it or not- the age of consent is 14 for a heterosexual relationship... http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

sbohdan wrote
boys are generally allowed more at this age than girls (for a simple reason: they cant get pregnant for example).
WRONG!! yes they can't get pregnant, but they can get a girl pregnant, just as bad. your boy comes home school, "hey dad I got my hot married teacher pregnant, what should I do?"
sorry, but that just proves that mentally she wasnt old enough placing her pretty much near 14. at 23y. a grownup, mature women should have enough wits to take care of protection even if the partner didnt think of it. what is regretable in this case I think is that the girl is married (the hurt goes to the husband) and that she got pregnant (the hurt goes to the child in case its being kept -because if debra goes to jail then the child would most likely be taken away by "child protection services") I see nobody else being hurt if it wasnt for the humiliating media attention, gossep etc. so I think this whole issue should be a moral one, not a ciminal case. I just dont feel that she actually deserves jailtime. loosing her teachers licence perhaps and/or getting probation (since the law is the law) but not jail. I've never ben in jail but I just feel its to harsh of a punishment for what she did. she allready was punished by the fact that people will point there finger at her till pretty much the rest of her life and she might even be registered as a sex offender on top of that.
Last edited by sbohdan on Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

well this is Tennessee, so at 23 you never know....
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I remember when I was in N Carolina awhile back, they ran a front page article about legal marrying ages and legal sex ages.....crazy stuff, what most of us consider to be acceptable and what people in the South consider to be acceptable are two completely different things.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

sbohdan wrote:I agree with you guys, except in the original topic there is a 14y. boy and a 23y. girl (teacher) and I think there is a difference compared to a 14y. girl and 30y. guy (teacher). boys are generally allowed more at this age than girls (for a simple reason: they cant get pregnant for example). also the age difference is less than in the second case...
wtf?

sex ed. 101: girls can get pregnant at 14.

maybe i'm misreading what you were trying to say (which is very likely, since it's obvious that your grammar, spelling, and punctuation is absolutely atrocious), in which case i should can the sex ed. lesson and start with an english lesson ;)

i don't understand how ANYONE in their right mind could, with a straight face, sit and try to argue that it should be ok for a 23-year-old TEACHER to have sex with her 14-YEAR-OLD STUDENT.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

read the quote again. I meant: boys can't get pregnant...
and don't start insulting me again, 'couse my spelling is non of your business and has nothing to do with the topic. what I wrote is simply my opinion to which Im entitled. BTW it's being shared by many others...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

ok lets try this again. I had a nice reply last night and the power went out :?
mature women should have enough wits to take care of protection
you would only hope, if it wasn't thats a whole new set of issues..

as for the age of consent, well that varries in the U.S. from state to state let alone from country to country. here in missouri age of consent for anyone over 18 but under 21, the age of consent is 14. If you are over 21, you may not have sexual intercourse with anyone under 17. for the U.S. millitary (no matter where you are in the U.S.) is 16, out of the country its 18.

I feel that she should to trial. Far as I'm concerd she molested a 14yo boy. She was trusted with the well-being of a child, as a teacher you have the moral obligation to keep you own feelings in check, and as a human if you have feelings (in lustful manor) for child, then you need to get help.

what kills me is if the sexes had been swaped the guy would already be in jail, no agument, no fuss. more than likely whouldn't have even made the news.

she was well over the nationaly accepted age of 18 to be an adult. far as I'm concerned if you are 18 or older, your partner better have a drivers licence. and once you get into your mid - high 20's 18 should be as low as you go.

I have said it once I'll say it again, 14 is to dam young.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

anyone over 18 but under 21, the age of consent is 14.
well I respect your opinion. you will not change it, neighter will I. so it would be beating a dead horse to go on. it seems to me though if she was a day younger than 21 (just 2 years younger) than you would consider it OK? so these 2 years and/or the fact that it didn't happen in another state or even country makes all the difference between "no problem" or "prison time"...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

messed up situation to say the least. I am hopefull that the courts will make the correct choices in the case and American Family Values come out on top. I respect everyones thoughts on this thread, but it is being locked due to some e-mails over it.

End of line