July Forum Drawing - Four NZXT Gaming Products

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: July Forum Drawing - Four NZXT Gaming Products

Post by GI-JOE »

slugbug wrote:
Athlonite wrote:So im here to ask very nicely if any LR member would be willing to let apoptosis send whatever i am given to their address in the US and work out with me about sending it to me in NZ at my cost ofcourse so PRETTY PLEASE to any one here who's willing and able
Shipping from the US to New Zealand probably wouldn't be cheap. Sorry but why did you enter if you knew you weren't eligible.
Actually, throughout the whole contest thread, he was asking Nate if he could make an exception and ship it to NZ. I guess he thought it was ok when he won.
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

GI-JOE wrote:
slugbug wrote:
Athlonite wrote:So im here to ask very nicely if any LR member would be willing to let apoptosis send whatever i am given to their address in the US and work out with me about sending it to me in NZ at my cost ofcourse so PRETTY PLEASE to any one here who's willing and able
Shipping from the US to New Zealand probably wouldn't be cheap. Sorry but why did you enter if you knew you weren't eligible.
Actually, throughout the whole contest thread, he was asking Nate if he could make an exception and ship it to NZ. I guess he thought it was ok when he won.
I've been so busy lately I didn't have time to read through each post in here... I just figured the rules were clear enough. I'll give Athlonite till Thursday to figure it out and if not I'll draw another name so the other 3 don't have to wait to get their prize. Right now this is all being held up and I need to get this one wrapped up and move on to the next contest. Hopefully I can get the names to NZXT on Friday.

I know Athlonite wanted the beta steel case, but the 1st person already picked that.

I do these contests for fun and to give back to our readers. The past several contests have been more of a hassle than anything else. I just hope that the next one goes smooth or this might be the end of the line for contests in general.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

If Athlonite has a Pay Pal account I'll help.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

It will probably cost almost as much to ship it as it would to buy it. Especially if he were to get the case.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Ya I now that's why I mention Pay Pal, he has to pay first be for I send it.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

DL13 wrote:Ya I now that's why I mention Pay Pal, he has to pay first be for I send it.
I kinda figured that as a given
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

slugbug wrote:
as it has been said in here before NXZT are shippin stuff tto NZ all the time so why shouldn't i be eligible

and sorry no paypal but can do direct deposit to your bank account though and i would not expect it to be sent until money cleared but i still don't know why NZXT can not just ship it direct to me at nate's request they already ship stuff to new zealand anyways whats one more case 20 bucks if that for them to do so
and to nate i have emailed NZXT just waiting to hear from them
Last edited by Athlonite on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Athlonite wrote:
slugbug wrote:
as it has been said in here before NXZT are shippin stuff tto NZ all the time so why shouldn't i be elliable
Simple: Those were the rules that were posted at the beginning of the contest.
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

Then maybe the rules need to change to allow all LR members to enter not just those in the US and Canada

Nate if it's going to cause such a damn fuss just draw another name and so be it
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Athlonite wrote:Then maybe the rules need to change to allow all LR members to enter not just those in the US and Canada

Nate if it's going to cause such a damn fuss just draw another name and so be it
In my honest and humble opinion, draw another name. ...But at the same time, don't let the outburst ruin contests in general, It was but one turd in the grass that stunk up this yard.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

NZXT set the rules for which countries were eligible, not Nate. They have had several NZXT contests running recently and they have all had the same rules regarding which counties are eligible. It makes no sense to get mad at Nate. He is trying to provide this community with freebies and he doesn't get the final word in where his sponsors will ship products.
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus Z77 Gene
GPU: GTX 470
RAM: 2X4gb G.Skill 1600
OS SDD: Kingston 120 gb SSD
Game SSD: Kingston 128 gb SSD
Storage: Hitachi 1Tb, Intel 80 gb SSD
PSU: Corsair AX 850w
Case: Silverstone FT-03
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

um i wasn't gettin mad at nate and nowhere here did nate state that NZXT set the terms of entering this competition
Asus Crosshair V Formula
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

Typically whoever is shipping the products decides which countries are eligible. In this case the contest page states that NZXT would be shipping the prizes directly so its a safe bet that NZXT specified that the contest was only open to North America. The same terms applied to serveral other recent NZXT promotional contests (Testfreaks, Big Bruin, 3D Gameman) including a contest hosted by a European website (Driverheaven).
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus Z77 Gene
GPU: GTX 470
RAM: 2X4gb G.Skill 1600
OS SDD: Kingston 120 gb SSD
Game SSD: Kingston 128 gb SSD
Storage: Hitachi 1Tb, Intel 80 gb SSD
PSU: Corsair AX 850w
Case: Silverstone FT-03
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Just to provide a little additional insight, worldwide companies like NZXT often have separate marketing departments for different regions of the world. Each department would have its own budget and take on its own strategies to penetrate their market.

In this case, NZXT has what looks like three different marketing departments (from their support page):
NZXT Sales

N./S. America & Canada: [email protected]
Europe: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

I am sure Nate is in contact with their N./S. America & Canada group and it does not help their objective to send contest prizes to other regions of the world that would have their own goals. We could talk around this common business practice all we want, but this is the way many companies operate in terms of promotional contests. I would guess that New Zealand residents would need to look for contests sponsored by the international marketing group... if there are any.

As a speculative comment, I would expect the products the N./S. America & Canada marketing department has for contests is already in their possession, so shipping would be expensive for them to send to NZ as well. It is not like all of the contest prizes are being shipped straight from the manufacturing facility to your house...

Respectfully, I also think that a new name needs drawn... the rules should not be changed mid-contest and the rules clearly stated who was eligible.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Athlonite wrote:Then maybe the rules need to change to allow all LR members to enter not just those in the US and Canada

The shipping rule is made and set by the contest sponsor... I don't have the prize and going into this NZXT said that it was USA and Canada only. If you can find someone here to ship it to (cough DL offered already) then you can pay them to ship it over to you via paypal or something. The case is already taken for, so the other three prizes are still up for grabs. If you don't want any of the other three items as you are going to have to pay for shipping and whatnot, then I can just draw a new name that is eligible. As for e-mailing NZXT and asking them about shipping, again you are barking up the wrong tree. NZXT has a marketing firm running the contests for them, so e-mailing them directly won't do much IMHO.

As for the directions and rules... I think they are clearly stated.
Follow Me on Twitter!
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

OMG, the chaos :shock:

No offense Athlonite but next time, read the rules and abide by them. They are there for a reason.

If you want NZXT to host a contest that you would be eligible to enter, contact the appropriate department in your area.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Hay guys Athlonite PM me back and I am going to help and only this one time.
Nate don't get mad, I know how hard it is to run a lot and running LR, and Thanks to you and the others of LR :drinkers: . Rules don't need to change it sounds like Athlonite some what like me; Don't all was read thing through properly.
So lets all chill and make sure we read the Rules and not be jerks. :axe:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

k, so now Athlonite needs to send me his desired prize list in order of importance and the shipping address in America that he wants his prize shipped to.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Apoptosis wrote:k, so now Athlonite needs to send me his desired prize list in order of importance and the shipping address in America that he wants his prize shipped to.
Okay... Still haven't heard anything from Athlonite since my last post nearly 48 hours ago... I'm going to draw another name this afternoon if he doesn't send me his price order list and shipping address in the US or Canada in the next few minutes... He last visited the forums on 23 Jul 2009 01:01 am, which is after I made my post and he never said anything to me.

Everyone else is waiting on him and it's not fair since he wasn't eligible from day one.
Follow Me on Twitter!
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Did he ever get back to you then?
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w