Oil surges $1 on storm, gasoline supply

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oil surges $1 on storm, gasoline supply

Post by Apoptosis »

Oil prices flirted with record highs on Wednesday after an unexpected drop in U.S. gasoline stocks added to worries that a gathering Caribbean storm could damage U.S. oil production platforms. Oil held well above $66 a barrel on Wednesday after an unexpected drop in U.S. gasoline stocks added to worries that a gathering Caribbean storm could knock out crude supplies to the world's biggest consumer.

GREAT... GRRRR

Gas is $2.46 for 87 Octane here in Missouri... Better fill up again.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

anyone know of an engineering firm with a need for a mechanical designer that can work from home :)

think I need to talk to my boss about working 3 12hr days....
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The market is closed and Oil prices soar to record high
Crude hits $67.40 a barrel on storm concerns... :finga:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Greedy greedy sons of biznatches; damn bureaucrats are keeping something from us: that green stuff that's lining their pockets and making them burst (and I don't mean mold, lol). Isn't it true we get most of our oil from Canada anyway? I mean really, we're still dealing with another country we shoulda wiped clean and took oil rigs from just for what came out of their country: terrorists.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

killswitch83 wrote:I mean really, we're still dealing with another country we shoulda wiped clean and took oil rigs from just for what came out of their country: terrorists.
thanks kill. terrorists didn't come from canada- they just came through canada. they weren't even canadian (even if they were: muslims are only muslims no mather which country they live in). following this logic- USA should wipe out england, france, germany, spain etc. I totally understand your anguish but lets not anihilate real canadians because of few muslim terrorists... Instead I propose to look at those responsible for sweeping under the carpet alternative, clean (and free) technologies like engines running on pure water (I don't mean hidrogen 'cause that's not free). this technology exists for more than 50 years now but of course oil companies would be killed instantly if anyone would start producing vehicles running on water, so they bought up any invetion of this sort and kept them a secret. thanks to these practices now we all suffer from the high costs of transportation (not to mention any goods that you buy have the additional costs of transportation calculated in them), but most importantly: thanks to these people we all suffer from pollution, are dying from cancer etc. just so that few assholes could get even richer...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

sbohdan wrote:
killswitch83 wrote:I mean really, we're still dealing with another country we shoulda wiped clean and took oil rigs from just for what came out of their country: terrorists.
thanks kill. terrorists didn't come from canada- they just came through canada. they weren't even canadian (even if they were: muslims are only muslims no mather which country they live in). following this logic- USA should wipe out england, france, germany, spain etc. I totally understand your anguish but lets not anihilate real canadians because of few muslim terrorists... Instead I propose to look at those responsible for sweeping under the carpet alternative, clean (and free) technologies like engines running on pure water (I don't mean hidrogen 'cause that's not free). this technology exists for more than 50 years now but of course oil companies would be killed instantly if anyone would start producing vehicles running on water, so they bought up any invetion of this sort and kept them a secret. thanks to these practices now we all suffer from the high costs of transportation (not to mention any goods that you buy have the additional costs of transportation calculated in them), but most importantly: thanks to these people we all suffer from pollution, are dying from cancer etc. just so that few assholes could get even richer...

Here Here!! Well said...

Bush or whoever comes next... Always has to answer to money and industry.... It's sad.. But if they don't then they don't get the campain contribution etc....

Whats needed is transparency... If congress, govt.. and public office had to show all money, where it came from and goes to incl. why... Make the govt. do a quarterly budget ON THEMSELVES...

If the people could see where money goes on a daily basis.. It would be alot harder for money to funnel into bigwigs back pocketts!

Just my 2 cent
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sbohdan wrote:
I would tell those Saudi's to kiss my ass and wipe them from exisitence. They'll never change their ways and get terrorists out of their country. However, I wouldn't wipe England off the map, just the UN monster and good old card-carrying terrorist Kofi Annan. I personally think if we combined some of the practices you Canadians have (free health care, methods to lower crime rate, etc) with our natural economic clout, North America would be one hell of a continent to live in. I've seen a documentary on TV where you guys (in certain provinces anyways) don't really worry about crime, and even some leaves their doors and windows unlocked even at night, and don't own guns. That's a good thing to me.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Nate, your gas is cheap compared to ours.

Milwaukee is over $3.00 for 87 octane.

Where I live, I pay $2.80something for 93 octane. I'm not far from Milwaukee either... It's a whopping 45 minutes away!

I can only imagine what California's is like...
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

yeah you know its bad when you have to budget the gas for cutting the lawn... went to fill up the gas can, and thought to my self "it doesn't look that bad, I could let the yard go another week..."
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, just pee on it, that'll fix that nasty grass, rofl :P
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

killswitch83 wrote:Isn't it true we get most of our oil from Canada anyway?
I don't think so, the US produces more oil than Canada, even though we have much larger reserves. (second only to Saudi Arabia actually)

Canada may be the largest exporter of oil into the US, but a lot of our oil is expensive to extract, so lower oil prices would simply cause production of the more expensive oil to cease until demand went up again.