Data recovery, I need some serious help!!!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Data recovery, I need some serious help!!!

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I was making a usb boot disk for windows 7 and when using diskpart from the command prompt and damnit me i accidentally selected the wrong disk. Here are the only commands I ran:

select disk 1
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1

I have not formatted the drive yet. I tried using a program called recuva, but its not wanting anything to do with the drive. Help would be greatly appreciated since there is some important data on there!!
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Data recovery, I need some serious help!!!

Post by pwcmed »

I used a program called Active Undelete that worked pretty good, try that.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

That is what you get for being up really late, tired off your butt and working with diskpart. Thanks for the advice, I will try it when I get home.
skier

Post by skier »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:That is what you get for being up really late, tired off your butt and working with diskpart. Thanks for the advice, I will try it when I get home.
i never touch Formats/partitions/OS installations at night, always in the morning
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Yeah the program you suggested cost money!! ARGGG!! They all do!! So far I have used Partition table doctor and it has worked. I was able to recover some of the files. Problem is the files i need to get back are "corrupt". So I am using Get data back in hopes that might help... MAN O MAN O MAN!!
ColdPlay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ColdPlay »

Ive done something like that, delivered the hd to pc store, the morons formatted it!
Downloaded recuva and voila! Found most of the files.
You must always run recuva on an other pc, mounting the hd crashed(or what ever) as a second drive(or external).
Did you do that? Mine worked great in Vista, don't know if it works in w7.
If it doesn't work, there are always people who can do it, but it'll cost ya!

Hope you can fix it, ColdPlay
In GRAW2 : stand still and "I will try to 'fix' you" ;-)
ColdPlay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ColdPlay »

skier wrote:
Dragon_Cooler wrote:That is what you get for being up really late, tired off your butt and working with diskpart. Thanks for the advice, I will try it when I get home.
i never touch Formats/partitions/OS installations at night, always in the morning
Cheeeers to that!
In GRAW2 : stand still and "I will try to 'fix' you" ;-)