Interview: Chris Morley on Maingear's Shift PC

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

MAINGEAR recently launched the Shift computer series with the goal of bucking the trend of plastic, bloated, commodity PCs. Shift’s aluminum skin provides clean, elegant lines while housing a tank-like steel skeleton. Will Shift be enough to change things in the industry? Read on as we talk with the CTO of Maingear to see what they are up to!

Lifetime service is a huge commitment and a bold service offering, yet refreshing for this industry. Tell us how this idea evolved.

Well, we just figure we'll be happy to talk to our customers as long as they want to talk to us! We're willing to stand by the systems we build. We know that people will eventually replace their system. So the lifetime of the system will probably be five years, max. Are we willing to give free tech support over the phone and stand by our labor for that long? Absolutely. The hardware warranties available are at one and three years. And since we use high quality components from well-known vendors, sometimes some of these components may carry their own lifetime warranty independent of ours!
Article Title: Interview: Chris Morley on Maingear's Shift PC
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1124/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Interview: Chris Morley on Maingear's Shift PC

Post by bubba »

More I look at this case, the more I like it.

Not sure how one would go about cramming a traditional watercooling loop in it, but I'm sure the "where there is a will there is a way" will apply.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

We'll be the ones making commercials poking fun of Apple.
Way to go!

They certainly look like they're worth checking out
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Honestly, if I were to buy a boutique system, they would be on the top of my list mainly for their customer service. I liked their honesty and frankness in their responses which felt very real as opposed to corporate robotic drivel.
Joe
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

I definitely recommend them as there customer service looks solid.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

Nice interview. I really like the clean simple look to their new PCs. It looks like they are using the same frame as the Raven 1 with different panels.
I liked their honesty and frankness in their responses which felt very real as opposed to corporate robotic drivel.
I felt the same way as I read Chris' responses. Good way to earn rep with the hardware community.
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus Z77 Gene
GPU: GTX 470
RAM: 2X4gb G.Skill 1600
OS SDD: Kingston 120 gb SSD
Game SSD: Kingston 128 gb SSD
Storage: Hitachi 1Tb, Intel 80 gb SSD
PSU: Corsair AX 850w
Case: Silverstone FT-03
skier

Post by skier »

reading that interview makes me wanna work for them :lol:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups