Buy a $15,000 Insurance Policy or Go to Jail

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buy a $15,000 Insurance Policy or Go to Jail

Post by Apoptosis »

Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail; Failure to Comply, 5 Years in Prison...

Very nice - http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.g ... tID=153583
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Re: Buy a $15,000 Insurance Policy or Go to Jail

Post by skier »

felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.
i like the and/or

way to go democrats ](*,)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

I can't wait to give more of the money I work for to other people! If we keep giving people stuff it will make them want to work harder to impove their lives right? :drinkers:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

](*,)

Yet when I ask the guys at my work that pimped Obama and his crew if they have voters remorse they all reply with resounding no. Wonder if they will change their mind after seeing this stuff.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

bubba wrote:](*,)

Yet when I ask the guys at my work that pimped Obama and his crew if they have voters remorse they all reply with resounding no. Wonder if they will change their mind after seeing this stuff.
Try getting self insured (IE not through your employer) or not having insurance and 15k is a bargain. And not to mention the site is biased, same on you Nate, I expect better
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

dicecca112 wrote:

Try getting self insured (IE not through your employer) or not having insurance and 15k is a bargain. And not to mention the site is biased, same on you Nate, I expect better

I am self insured. $67 a month for catastrophic with a $10,000 deductable. So I pay from $804 a year if nothing goes wrong to $10,804 if something goes horribly wrong. Tell me again how great $15,000 a year at the point of a gun is? Pelosi unequivocally promised to post the final bill 72 hours before a vote and then recanted when she realized she'll have to stuff the thing with pork to get some to vote for it. Don't even get me started on the Hispanic Caucus refusing to vote for it because it excludes illegals. Everyone agrees we need healthcare reform but this will be a catastrophe if it passes. Goodbye sweet America!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Sowser wrote:
dicecca112 wrote:

I am self insured. $67 a month for catastrophic with a $10,000 deductable. So I pay from $804 a year if nothing goes wrong to $10,804 if something goes horribly wrong. Tell me again how great $15,000 a year at the point of a gun is? Pelosi unequivocally promised to post the final bill 72 hours before a vote and then recanted when she realized she'll have to stuff the thing with pork to get some to vote for it. Don't even get me started on the Hispanic Caucus refusing to vote for it because it excludes illegals. Everyone agrees we need healthcare reform but this will be a catastrophe if it passes. Goodbye sweet America!
If were talking, Health, Dental, Vision then you have a low rate, and a lot of employers would like to have what you
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

My employer pays just less than $10K per year for my family health, dental and vision. Of course I got deductibles for doctor visits, but that is it. They do all the paper work and such. I just show up, show my card and pay $25 a visit.

My bro-inlaw has his own HVAC business. His coverage is cheap for belonging in a union trade like membership that covers him and his family. His coverage is good and is not even close to $15K.

Something is very wrong in America is $15K is the average coverage price for health care.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Hey just posting a link that I saw on the Drudge Report the other day...

Being self-employed I pay for my own insurance and have a very high deductible. I paid a a few thousand dollars out of my pocket this year to pay for insurance and then some doctors visits.

I'm very concerned how this bill will impact me personally as I can't find a straight forward answer. I have insurance now, but will it meet the government requirements? Since I own a business will I have to pay more than someone who doesn't for the national health care plan? Not sure to be honest with you. Too many rumors and the bill is over a thousand pages.
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

had this big long drawn out post of why I think this is wrong, but at this point doesn't look like it will matter a whole hell of a lot. This healthcare thing looks like it will be no matter what. It passed in congress and looks like it will pass the senate as well. Yes there is a lot left to do in the senate, combining the congress and senate versions, but the votes are all there.

In a time that the country is broke, we are pushing stuff like this and printing money like its going out of style. Which if the dollar gets any weaker it just might.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

Too many rumors and the bill is over a thousand pages.
It actually ended up being over 2,000 pages. Hopefully the Senate will restore some sanity.
Attachments
This is the actual bill BEFORE amendments!
This is the actual bill BEFORE amendments!
11573_12572598191.jpg (19.37 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba wrote:had this big long drawn out post of why I think this is wrong, but at this point doesn't look like it will matter a whole hell of a lot. This healthcare thing looks like it will be no matter what. It passed in congress and looks like it will pass the senate as well. Yes there is a lot left to do in the senate, combining the congress and senate versions, but the votes are all there.

In a time that the country is broke, we are pushing stuff like this and printing money like its going out of style. Which if the dollar gets any weaker it just might.
Didn't Bin Laden say that he would financially ruin America like years ago?

yes he did -

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript. "We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

source

Funny, as we are coming up on being bled for 10 years also since 9/11/2001.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Here's something I posted in one of my disaster prep forums I frequent.
A triumphant Speaker Nancy Pelosi likened the legislation to the passage of Social Security in 1935 and Medicare 30 years later -- and Obama issued a statement saying, "I look forward to signing it into law by the end of the year."
So she likened it to two OTHER federal programs that have failed to deliver on their promises?

BRILLIANT

Social Security, when it was enacted in 1935, was intended to be an "opt in" program where part of your annual salary was to be kept in a lock box fund earning interest at the Federal Bond rate until your retirement. Let’s review what happened with that.

1.) Opt In?

Nope, now it's mandatory and failure to contribute can be considered tax evasion and wind up with you going to jail.

2.) Lock Box Fund?

Nope, in another brilliant move by one of the worst presidents in American history Lyndon B. Johnson (you remember him right? That whole Viet Nam thing?) passed the Great Security program in 1965 which made the lock box trust fund a part of the General Operating Fund to be spent by congress.

3.) Earning interest?

Nuh unh. Gotta be a set amount of money for there to be interest accrued on it. And there's not.
The Social Security Administration's authority to make benefit payments as granted by Congress extends only to its current revenues and existing Trust Fund balance, i.e., redemption of its holdings of Treasury securities. Therefore, Social Security's ability to make full payments once annual benefits exceed revenues depends in part on the federal government's ability to make good on the bonds that it has issued to the Social Security trust funds. The federal government's ability to repay Social Security, in turn, is contingent on fiscal policies taken today (which have tended to increase deficits and the percent of the budget spent on interest and principal payments) and in the future.

In July 2008 the Office of the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration calculated an unfunded obligation of $13.6 trillion for the Social Security program. The unfunded obligation is the difference between the present value of the cost of Social Security and the present value of the assets in the Trust Fund and the future scheduled tax income of the program.
That means they don't have enough money NOW to cover all of the payments they're expect to make. The only thing they can do is freeze the increases in benefits (which they've done) and increase the age of retirement (which they have).

Social Security? Fail.

How about Medicare? Congress itself, in an effort to pass this bill, admitted to over 60 BILLION in fraud annually in Medicare alone. How can we trust the government to run National Healthcare responsibly when they've already proven that they cannot handle their existing medical programs. Just look at the VA. When was the last VA scandal? Oh, that's right, about 4 months ago when they found out they were not using FRESH NEEDLES for their patients which resulted in an outbreak of Hep C. Yeah, great program you have there.

These are just the existing programs we have which we already cannot fund. Now they want to enact another program that will cost even more when we haven't even found a way to pay for what we have? Brilliant.

Look, I want everyone to be healthy. But you cannot punish the many for the needs of the few. That's what this is about. We will cripple our economy through increased taxation and dependency on the government to the point of complete economic collapse.

But don't worry! They're going to tax those of us who already HAVE healthcare to pay for it. Well, not US, but our employers who pay the bulk of it through Cadillac taxes. But wait, if my employer has to pay not only for my healthcare but a tax for providing me with healthcare why would they continue to do it? There's no legal obligation for them to. So they won't. They'll put me on the national plan. And the money that was supposed to come from the taxes on my benefits? Oh, that will just disappear to. So not only will I no longer be contributing tax dollars to this massive program but I'll also be taking money OUT of it for my healthcare.

Wow.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

that combined with the fact the cutbacks on the Feds spending in medicare/cade was transferred to the state to pick up the tab on. So the states that already broke (calli being the biggest) wont be any better off and the ones that are close just got the little nudge they needed to go over the deep end.

Nothing good will come of this.
-Thomas Jefferson