Windows 7 differences

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
AlpineKid
Legit User
Legit User

Windows 7 differences

Post by AlpineKid »

What is the difference between Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional whether it be 32 bit or 64 bit.
I am looking at getting two new computers with Windows 7 on them. I want to be able to see the HD from one computer from the other and all the sub-directories.
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Windows 7 differences

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

They are the same but with Pro you can do network backups, join a domain, apply group policy controls, it has file encryption built in, and Pro has XP mode. While with home premium you can do all of your file sharing and pretty much everything a standard user would want. Pro is usually designed for business use.
AlpineKid
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AlpineKid »

ckthecerealkiller wrote:They are the same but with Pro you can do network backups, join a domain, apply group policy controls, it has file encryption built in, and Pro has XP mode. While with home premium you can do all of your file sharing and pretty much everything a standard user would want. Pro is usually designed for business use.
What is the difference between 32 & 64 bit?
You stated that the home premium will do file sharing, does that mean that I can get/open a file on the other computer and work on it? Or do I have to put the file into a file sharing folder and get/open it out of there?
Thank you for the help.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

64 bit can address more RAM than 32 bit can. 32 bit W7 can use up to 4 gb but 64 bit can use up to 128 gb.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.