** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: ** Official 2009 F@H WAR Competition Thread **

Post by XstollieX »

kylepaddock wrote:XstollieX why are your points sofar down?
I wasn't around most of the weekend and My phenom rig crashed and my I7 was down for some testing I will get the I7 back up tonight.
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Apoptosis wrote:As for DragonCooler and spitter I might just remove them from the competition if things get too crazy.

DragonCooler already said he wasn't in it for the processor and Spitter would be given one of the 'extra' processors for his insane ppd production and then all the teams would have a fair chance again.

So, don't stop folding just because of Spitter... If I remove him from Team F and give him a processor for his efforts that puts team F at ~600k, which is where team D, team E and team C are at.

If I remove DragonCooler his team totals would also be 600k, so that means Team C, D, E, F and G would all be around the 600K mark.

Team B is doing strong since smack323 and knightrid and mad_goku are all increasing their ppd and recruiting friends from the looks of it.

team A is being driven by darkstar and god only knows what he is running now ;)
OK...I give..are we leading...in the middle...last...I have no idea? ](*,)
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by pmanipole »

man, i was really hoping to get one of these to go along with my new christmas divorce that i will be getting. maybe i can get on in the 2nd hand drawing.
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

I understand what you are saying, and you are the boss. But look at this from my teams point of view. We appear to be on the winning team and because one of our team mates has done what he was supposed to do...get lots of points..we are going to get knocked down in the rankings. And then there is the part about "Spitter would be given one of the 'extra' processors for his insane ppd production"...so only 1 of our team gets a CPU? If you were on team F...how would you view this? Just my opinion. and yes..it is jaded...just like anyone else's would be if they were on team F.

That said...Fold on eveyone :)
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

pmanipole wrote:man, i was really hoping to get one of these to go along with my new christmas divorce that i will be getting. maybe i can get on in the 2nd hand drawing.
...ouch
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Though my team would have a chance if you changed spitter and dragon, I don't know if I agree with it. Its not fair for the rest of those teams.

What if we let the comp continue for one more week and then we take everyone who increased their avg ppd and has been folding for the entire competition into a list. That list gets randomly drawn for a processor. That should be fair so nobody who has tried hard gets screwed.
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well based on the feedback thus far I'll just leave it as is and those of you that aren't on the winning team can keep their fingers crossed for the random drawing at the end.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Apoptosis wrote:well based on the feedback thus far I'll just leave it as is and those of you that aren't on the winning team can keep their fingers crossed for the random drawing at the end.
Maybe consider moving spitter and Dragon_cooler to a different team each day!?!?
So everyone could feel the points joy!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Apoptosis wrote:As for DragonCooler and spitter I might just remove them from the competition if things get too crazy.

DragonCooler already said he wasn't in it for the processor and Spitter would be given one of the 'extra' processors for his insane ppd production and then all the teams would have a fair chance again.

So, don't stop folding just because of Spitter... If I remove him from Team F and give him a processor for his efforts that puts team F at ~600k, which is where team D, team E and team C are at.

If I remove DragonCooler his team totals would also be 600k, so that means Team C, D, E, F and G would all be around the 600K mark.

Team B is doing strong since smack323 and knightrid and mad_goku are all increasing their ppd and recruiting friends from the looks of it.

team A is being driven by darkstar and god only knows what he is running now ;)
Apoptosis wrote:well based on the feedback thus far I'll just leave it as is and those of you that aren't on the winning team can keep their fingers crossed for the random drawing at the end.
I like this idea. With what Spitter is doing, NO ONE can catch up. He should be rewarded for his insane PPD though. I don't believe it's fair for Team F to win the Folding War when Spitter is pretty much tanking the whole competition. Heck Spitter could probably win the whole thing by himself. Maybe keep him in the team, but divide his points by 2 to keep it more fair?

Even recruiting won't help because your friends actually have to dedicate themselves to folding, which no one is willing to do at my end. That's why my points are such a roller coaster.
camaroguy1998 wrote:
Maybe consider moving spitter and Dragon_cooler to a different team each day!?!?
So everyone could feel the points joy!
That won't work because points are based off of a collective effort throughout the month. Or did you mean splitting his points evenly among the different teams?
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

Here is a good idea who is in this for the price. if you aren't and your just in for fun why should they be in a team.
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

LOL...team F...leave things alone...Everyone else...change it. I sure hope it does not go to a vote.
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

kylepaddock wrote:

Please consider this. I only have hardware at home which is old at least.
I say leave it as it. He is in line with the competition rule. I just have my fingers crossed for one of the five spare CPU's. Running on Socket A still and a dual core lappy, neither are much good for more than web browsing or Office....
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

PS. My PPD will be down for the next day or 2...Kids are home sick and the are playing Dirt 2 on my Nvidia 260. Watching an 8 year old race is comical.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

knowing that spitter can prob up his output another 50-100k ppd is great.. I'd say give spitter and dragon a CPU and remove them from the teams. either way spitter still wins on a team by himself. I dont feel slighted by someone increasing points thats what you would hope your team does. But getting one person to change a team# and name and a few clients and start getting those points for yourself seems a bit unfair.. personally I've spent about 15-20 hours driving to friends houses to help them get the clients set up and working properly - explaning what folding is - and for the most part begging them to keep there computers on 24/7 and not game for a few weeks only to get my ppd around 25k. sour grapes? yeah maybe...

**edit** just noticed sporg and dicecca are on team F - these are people who have been folding for LR for a long time and didnt start just for a contest- and I know will continue after. They deserve a CPU and then some in my opinion.. I would not like to see them lose a thing.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Here is the problem with changing things now. Lets say you take out spitter and dragoncooler and do put in some spares. Then I or anyone goes out and find some more friends and adds 15k a day..no big deal. Same person then finds another friend and adds another 20K..thats now 35K....still no big deal. Now he goes out and finds 1 more with a 280 sli...and adds another 18K..thats another 53K..now we are having the same conversation again because 1 team is racking up 100K-120K or more a day. So what we will be left with is teams trying to add points...but not to much. Not to mention the rules said you add whatever you wanted or you could get someone to fold under your name.
Again...do what you think you need to..just don't blame Team F for leading, if it wasn't us...it would be Team G with Team B 87K behind...and that might have been close enough to not warrant any changes.

Ok...I'm done now...Fold on people
:)
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kylepaddock »

smack323 wrote:knowing that spitter can prob up his output another 50-100k ppd is great.. I'd say give spitter and dragon a CPU and remove them from the teams. either way spitter still wins on a team by himself. .
yes i agree. are they even wanting to win the CPU or are they on just for fun??
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

smack323 wrote:knowing that spitter can prob up his output another 50-100k ppd is great.. I'd say give spitter and dragon a CPU and remove them from the teams. either way spitter still wins on a team by himself. I dont feel slighted by someone increasing points thats what you would hope your team does. But getting one person to change a team# and name and a few clients and start getting those points for yourself seems a bit unfair.. personally I've spent about 15-20 hours driving to friends houses to help them get the clients set up and working properly - explaning what folding is - and for the most part begging them to keep there computers on 24/7 and not game for a few weeks only to get my ppd around 25k. sour grapes? yeah maybe...

**edit** just noticed sporg and dicecca are on team F - these are people who have been folding for LR for a long time and didnt start just for a contest- and I know will continue after. They deserve a CPU and then some in my opinion.. I would not like to see them lose a thing.
...so now it is ok?
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I just think its a bit different recruiting people vs I know this guys who is already folding putting up 300k per day and he will change and few names and team#'s and add 150k ppd to my team.
If your asking if i think it fair and in the spirt of a competition...not really - but i also dont want to see sporg and dicecca lose out on anything - so it is what it is. congrats. hopefully team F members cont to keep folding for LR after the contest.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

smack323 wrote:I just think its a bit different recruiting people vs I know this guys who is already folding putting up 300k per day and he will change and few names and team#'s and add 150k ppd to my team.
If your asking if i think it fair and in the spirt of a competition...not really - but i also dont want to see sporg and dicecca lose out on anything - so it is what it is. congrats. hopefully team F members cont to keep folding for LR after the contest.
I said I would...win or lose. And I will.

Edit....Fine print....I will be back to my usual 12K-15K per day
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Heh, dang guys!! LR is doing one heck of a good deed by giving these procs out. I remember when nate got these procs from AMD he was having a hard time trying to figure out what is a good fair way to GIVE these away. This contest is the best idea. It involves a large amount of people for a good cause at that. Dont hate if you dont win! That is what I fear most. LR has contests like this all the time, your chance will come.

As for my 2 cents.... Perhaps removing me and Spitter adding the next big PPD standby person in? I dont know how fair that would be. I know not everyone has the access to hardware to push a large PPD. Maybe I can put names into a hat and draw? However, I think it might be too late? OR....Give 2 extra spots for drawing. So the team winners plus the extras plus Spitters and Mine?