Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by DMB2000uk »

Lugh03 wrote:Hello everybody, nice works (some very good and some even better =D> ) I´m just working on my design too :) but I have a question - there´s rule 1) This contest is open to Legit Reviews forum members with a valid shipping address anywhere in the world, but taxes and tariffs are not covered if they should apply where can I put the address (I search in profile but didn´t find out) to fill this rule? I´m from Czech Republic and of course I do it for fun O:) but no one never know. So good luck everybody and thank´s for any answear.
We will only ask the shipping address from the winner(s) once they have won.

So you don't need to do anything but post your entry for now.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
shamrok3
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by shamrok3 »

ColourDood wrote:Well if I lose, I'm hoping that it will be to someone who truly created an original piece. Not some copy-and-paste stuff. It kinda sucks that some people figure they can get by with the least amount of effort, grabbing stuff from other people's hard work and posting it as their own. Meanwhile, there are obvious submissions here that people have truly taken the time to create something original.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see who makes the cut.
++1. I want to see the winner turn their heatsink design into a wallpaper and/or LR sig template! That would be super-epic.
Multiple Exclamation marks - The first sign of an unsound mind.

Rig: Intel 3930K, Noctua U12P-SE2 , ASUS P9X79, 16GB RAM, 60GB OCZ Vertex 3, 2x3TB Seagate (RAID 0), 1TB Samsung F3, EVGA GTX760, CM 650 Watt PSU
NZXT HU002 Case, LG Blu-Ray Writer/Combo
21.5" BenQ E2200HD @ 1920x1080, Razer Lachesis/Lycosa/Sennheiser HD558, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Baggs »

http://images.google.gr/images?hl=el&so ... a=N&tab=wi

LOL my design comes up on the front page if you do a pictures search on google \:D/

I'd also like to point out that using copyrighted images is just dumb and wrong, especially for commercial use such as this contest.
Carlos_will
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Carlos_will »

Hmm... Isn't this suppose to be the other way around? I think it was. and it said bracket on the design as well on which side the exhaust is on.
Oh right, but I have done my design the way most people have..So does that mean for everyone's design to work properly, they'll need to to flip their designs? Has anyone else got any light to shed on this possible issue?
ColourDood
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by ColourDood »

obelisk017 wrote:a friend of mine gave the image to me
im not sure where did he got it
i will re edit my entry
So your friend gave you an image and you have absolutely no idea where he got it from??? All the more reason NOT to use it. This is a perfect example of why people are getting a little heated over the use of copyrighted material.
I'll give you credit though. At least you're going to pull the image and come up with something original. Good luck with your entry.
ColourDood
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by ColourDood »

Carlos_will wrote:
Hmm... Isn't this suppose to be the other way around? I think it was. and it said bracket on the design as well on which side the exhaust is on.
Oh right, but I have done my design the way most people have..So does that mean for everyone's design to work properly, they'll need to to flip their designs? Has anyone else got any light to shed on this possible issue?
It was posted a few pages back. Yes, you'll have to flip your image because the wrong template was sent. It's not necessary to do it now. That won't be part of the decision making process but you should be prepared to flip it if you win the contest.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Carlos_will wrote:
There is no right or wrong direction per say... Which way do you want your sticker? Look at your video card now in your system and the decision is yours. Some cases have the board mount normal, some are inverted and some of the new cases have the cards going vertical. There is no right or wrong way and you can do the sticker any way you like...

Hope this clears that up as it's been asked a million times.

As for the shipping address... I really don't need to get 80 e-mails on addresses, so just the two winners that will have something shipped will have to send in their info by PM.

Also, please don't post your image here until it is done. I've had 3 or 4 people e-mail me updates after their artwork was posted...
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Lugh03 wrote:Hello everybody, nice works (some very good and some even better =D> ) I´m just working on my design too :) but I have a question - there´s rule 1) This contest is open to Legit Reviews forum members with a valid shipping address anywhere in the world, but taxes and tariffs are not covered if they should apply where can I put the address (I search in profile but didn´t find out) to fill this rule? I´m from Czech Republic and of course I do it for fun O:) but no one never know. So good luck everybody and thank´s for any answear.
AMD/HIS will ship the card anywhere in the world. You must be willing to pay all taxes and tariffs that your country puts on the package though.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Carlos_will wrote:

Thanks,

Carl.
You might want to read the die cut that you used as the bracket is the other direction!
Follow Me on Twitter!
ColourDood
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by ColourDood »

Apoptosis wrote:
expertoc wrote:My entry!
For any new entries you'll need to do it like expertoc did for the sticker to come out right. HIS/AMD sent over the drawing, but it isn't situated right if you have a case winner. If you already did a design then no worries, but you can flip it around before the gfx is printed up in sticker form.
I'm quoting this because it seems to conflict with what's now being said. Maybe I missed a post after this one. I'm not sure.
So it's my understanding that it doesn't matter which direction the design is now? :-k
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

3 Posts up is the explaination.

If you have text on your design and a normal ATX case, and want the text oriented the "standard" way, so that if the motherboad was flat on a desk, then the text would be the right way up, the original advice still stands.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Baggs »

Google is your friend !

I found these which frankly look identical to the die cut we've been given.

Source : http://www.hisdigital.com/ro/news_show-87.shtml
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Baggs wrote:Google is your friend !

I found these which frankly look identical to the die cut we've been given.
Similar, but not exact.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KBcaps
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by KBcaps »

DMB2000uk wrote: We will only ask the shipping address from the winner(s) once they have won.

So you don't need to do anything but post your entry for now.

Dan
Thanks for this info !
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

hocker014 wrote:this is my design
You Don't have to post your entry more than once.
http://forums.legitreviews.com/search.p ... 1&sr=posts
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
Carlos_will
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Carlos_will »

Hey,

I was wondering if we can still change our entry designs? Because I have to change it and flip it anyway.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Carlos_will wrote:Hey,

I was wondering if we can still change our entry designs? Because I have to change it and flip it anyway.
If you are just flipping it then no you don't have to. If you win then you can re-submit new art for whatever direction you like the art to face.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

Carlos_will wrote:Hey,

I believe we were told this near the beginning of the thread- You have until the end of the contest to resubmit (edit your entry). Just edit your original entry post and then reply to the topic saying you updated your original post, include the link, but don't make a new post of your entry.

Although I do believe one of the admins mentioned somewhere not to email them about updated submissions, so I'm not sure now.

I was thinking about totally redoing mine also, so wanted to know about this.
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
Carlos_will
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Carlos_will »

I believe we were told this near the beginning of the thread- You have until the end of the contest to resubmit (edit your entry). Just edit your original entry post and then reply to the topic saying you updated your original post, include the link, but don't make a new post of your entry.

Although I do believe one of the admins mentioned somewhere not to email them about updated submissions, so I'm not sure now.

Ah right, Oh my...I did actually look through the forums twice and didn't say anything about a wrong die cut being sent to us, and now this? lol, my bad...Okay, thanks for info. :-k

So you gonna redo yours? I mean, I tried to flip mine, and man...its gone all messed up and I can't get it to exactly how I had it before, so annoying.. haha. So thats the main reason to why I'm changing mine a bit.
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

Carlos_will wrote:

Ah right, Oh my...I did actually look through the forums twice and didn't say anything about a wrong die cut being sent to us, and now this? lol, my bad...Okay, thanks for info. :-k

So you gonna redo yours? I mean, I tried to flip mine, and man...its gone all messed up and I can't get it to exactly how I had it before, so annoying.. haha. So thats the main reason to why I'm changing mine a bit.
OH NO NO NO, I wasn't talking about flipping, I was talking about redesigning altogether. the post by the admin said you dont have to flip it unless you get chosen, then you decide if you want to flip it or not.