Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
peti1212
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by peti1212 »

Astro wrote:I'm a concept artist who loves to build computers and read about computer parts. I'm really excited about the this. You can check out my work at darran.blog.com. I'm also on facebook under Darran Douglas Hurlbut.

Large image found here,
http://darran.blog.com/files/2010/01/da ... ontest.jpg

Have a good one everybody,
Darran
That's awesome dude. I saw your work on your site. I like it. Which 3D application are you using for your 3d models?
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Astro wrote:I'm a concept artist who loves to build computers and read about computer parts. I'm really excited about the this. You can check out my work at darran.blog.com. I'm also on facebook under Darran Douglas Hurlbut.

Large image found here,

Darran
You've go some rely good art work. Welcome to LR.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
fssbzz
Legit User
Legit User

Post by fssbzz »

the.benevolent.one wrote:In an attempt to aid those who have taken the time to create original work I created a spreadsheet of the entries divided into four categories; Original works, dragons (this ones for you manduh), questionable works, and copyrighted works. The spreadsheet only contains those entries that appeared on the front page article.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

is this a complete list?
Astro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Astro »

DL13 wrote:

Large image found here,

Darran
You've go some rely good art work. Welcome to LR.
Thanks nice to be a member.
Work> AMD X4 955, Asus M3a32-mvp Deluxe Series, 2 HIS 3870's and HIS 2600xt supporting 4 monitors, Corsair H50 cooling.
Gaming> AMD X3 720 Asus M3a79-t 2 Sapphire 4850's, Master Cooler Stacker 830 Evolution case.
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

fssbzz wrote:
the.benevolent.one wrote:In an attempt to aid those who have taken the time to create original work I created a spreadsheet of the entries divided into four categories; Original works, dragons (this ones for you manduh), questionable works, and copyrighted works. The spreadsheet only contains those entries that appeared on the front page article.

is this a complete list?

Yes at this moment is it, except I don't see your name up there, and I think we already established yours was created from a wallpaper so it would be in the RED, might want to redesign if you don't want to be disqualified, (http://forums.legitreviews.com/about246 ... ml#p163720)
oh and Astro's hasn't been added, but I'm sure it will be a green for go when it is :) - btw great job!
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
MediaMunkey
Legit User
Legit User

Post by MediaMunkey »

Image Image

Best viewed at (not quite) full size here.

This HD 5870 is no ordinary video card. This was THE original video card, discovered years ago by (then) ATI scientists within a hidden chamber on earth. Said to be created by extraterrestrials millions of years ago, for decades It was kept hidden, it's power too much for computers at the time. Until now…

After the card was discovered the ATI scientists quickly got to work examining it. This is what they learned.

Incorporated into its structure is a small galaxy, named by ATI as the Radeon Galaxy.
At its core is a giant, powerful super-massive black hole. What resides on the other side of this mighty hole is unclear. Many believe an extraordinarily powerful chip lies at its centre, feeding on the decaying suns, or planets (no ones sure) trapped within the grip of the black hole. Curiously, the black hole does not emit red hawking radiation as one would expect but a bright blue kind.

Some speculate that the GPU's Eyefinity ability comes down to the fact there are three satellites rotating the core.
What is almost undeniable though is that the power of the card comes from the special properties of the satellites. The brilliantly bright-red dust from these bodies is consumed by the black hole which then uses it to power its growth and according to legend, the super powerful graphics chip located at its centre.
This dust was discovered to be more than just simple particles used to fuel the black-hole. In fact, it was made up of an element unknown until now. This element, highly radioactive, was subsequently named Radeon and once extracted and harnessed, became the bases for all GPUs' made by ATI and AMD in the future.

p.s. Everything was created from scratch (except the ATI logo of course). I didn't use any pre-made textures or images, etc. The font I used for the text is freely available for any use. O:)
Last edited by MediaMunkey on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
aioshimike
Legit User
Legit User

Post by aioshimike »

gears are from a photoshop brush and this are not copyrighted and free to use......
peti1212
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by peti1212 »

aioshimike wrote:

gears are from a photoshop brush and this are not copyrighted and free to use......
Are these the gears you used aioshimike? They look like these gears to me.
http://morfinedoll-stock.deviantart.com ... -102160382

It would be nice to just get a note from the guy that you entered into this contest and make sure he approves it.
aircreativelab.com
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by aircreativelab.com »

Full size version can be found here:
http://www.aircreativelab.com/gallery/h ... ie-cut.jpg

100% created from scratch - NO copyrighted material.

Comments welcome!
nizam1205
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nizam1205 »

Hi all (and specially dedicated to the "one" that created the so called copyright list LOL). The reason why i'm posting that the guy mentioned "Fire/water background image. Super low rez? Because stolen image was low rez?" is because my design is about 2.4mb and i dont know s**t about posting picture in this post. Afterall, for me this is the contest to bring out our creativity to create and not to babble and badmouth people's design. High res you want, then high res you get.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... Cooler.jpg

and to all, gud luck.

Dont let others that dont know how to appreciate another human being ruin your day. And afterall NO copyrighted material.
artupato
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by artupato »

110% created from scratch. except for logos (ati radeon, HIS and amd)

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... tupato.png, at the photobucket
Last edited by artupato on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55 UD3P
2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws
HIS IceQ 4+ turbo HD 4870 1GB
WD 500GB
OCZ 600W psu
Thermaltake V3 Black edition (installed 5 Akasa blue led light fan + 1 blue led stock fan) with sunbeam uv light
LG W2043T
Altec Lansing V2621
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

MediaMunkey wrote:Image Image

Best viewed at full size here.

I can't get your pic to load :(

Anybody else having that problem?

"The connection has timed out
The server at www.tweak.net.nz is taking too long to respond." is what I keep getting
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

nizam1205 wrote:Hi all (and specially dedicated to the "one" that created the so called copyright list LOL). The reason why i'm posting that the guy mentioned "Fire/water background image. Super low rez? Because stolen image was low rez?" is because my design is about 2.4mb and i dont know s**t about posting picture in this post. Afterall, for me this is the contest to bring out our creativity to create and not to babble and badmouth people's design. High res you want, then high res you get.
Looks 20 times better!!!
the.benevolent.one
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by the.benevolent.one »

spreadsheet has been updated. Names won't be added to the spreadsheet until they're added to the main page article so if yours isn't on there that's why. Thanks to everyone who has helped clear the air. Even if the mods don't require you to, I'm sure it makes everyone else feel better about the competition.
icedstar
Legit User
Legit User

Post by icedstar »

the.benevolent.one wrote:spreadsheet has been updated. Names won't be added to the spreadsheet until they're added to the main page article so if yours isn't on there that's why. Thanks to everyone who has helped clear the air. Even if the mods don't require you to, I'm sure it makes everyone else feel better about the competition.
ok dude wtf is wrong with you? i took the pic down cuz of the copyright stuff and chaged it for some random lines and points and you still think is a copyrighted image? wtf is wrong with u?...
bombeiro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bombeiro »

icedstar wrote: ok dude wtf is wrong with you? i took the pic down cuz of the copyright stuff and chaged it for some random lines and points and you still think is a copyrighted image? wtf is wrong with u?...
You do have to give him credit for changing his art as soon as there was a question. Sometimes you need to swallow your pride just a little and trust someone as they make changes, that they are doing the right thing. Yes they might burn you but that's on them. There is no logic in going completely anal over this. That just makes for a miserable contest and angry people.

This is still suppose to be fun!!! We want people to display originality but they do need to be held accountable if they are cheating. So place someone on the list and if they make an effort than give them credit. If they are still cheating; well, that is for the judges to decide, but don't make this a drawn out fight.

Thanks
MediaMunkey
Legit User
Legit User

Post by MediaMunkey »

Manduh wrote:I can't get your pic to load :(

Anybody else having that problem?

"The connection has timed out
The server at <a class="linkification-ext" href="http://www.tweak.net.nz" title="Linkification: http://www.tweak.net.nz">http://www.tweak.net.nz</a> is taking too long to respond." is what I keep getting
Not sure why it would be doing that but I've changed the links to tinypic so you shouldn't have any problems now. :)
nizam1205
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nizam1205 »

Manduh wrote:
nizam1205 wrote:Hi all (and specially dedicated to the "one" that created the so called copyright list LOL). The reason why i'm posting that the guy mentioned "Fire/water background image. Super low rez? Because stolen image was low rez?" is because my design is about 2.4mb and i dont know s**t about posting picture in this post. Afterall, for me this is the contest to bring out our creativity to create and not to babble and badmouth people's design. High res you want, then high res you get.
Looks 20 times better!!!

Just how in hell to prove that work is mine????

Do i have to start a "how to cheat and claim your work" tutorial ?

Sorry guys, i've had enough with this hyprocracy.

And to the so called "the.benevolent.one", i hope you win all the prizes, since you are the one that labelled all of us.

OH! forgot to mention, he didnt post any artwork at all !!! HA.
artupato
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by artupato »

when will the spreadsheet be updated?(if this is an official spreadsheet)
i posted my work earlier today. :)
Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55 UD3P
2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws
HIS IceQ 4+ turbo HD 4870 1GB
WD 500GB
OCZ 600W psu
Thermaltake V3 Black edition (installed 5 Akasa blue led light fan + 1 blue led stock fan) with sunbeam uv light
LG W2043T
Altec Lansing V2621
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Large image found here,

Darran
Dude, that ROCKS!

Looking through your blog there is some nice stuff on there, those at work may want to wait to get home to look at some of the stuff on there though.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson