Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
wsdranged
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Dec 2009 Contest - Design Your Own HIS 5870 Video Card Art!

Post by wsdranged »

This is my entry. The image when uploaded kind of intensified the color and not really what I planned but It will do.

crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

DMB2000uk wrote: here you go - http://www.legitreviews.com/HIS_Logo.zip
Thank you!
Milda2107
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Milda2107 »

Hi everyone. Here is my design.

eden999
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by eden999 »

The name of my design is: the Ruby.
As you can already tell, the card is a tribute to Ruby, the graphically rendered female mascot of ATI, Spawned from studios at RhinoFX.
The backdrop of the card stresses the color scheme of ATI, namely the reds, whites and blacks, with a modern sort of abstract feel. In my opinion, these colors go along with the ATI's attitude towards graphics, in that it's powerful, simple and effective.
In my design these three qualities were each represented by one colour. The red represents the power of the card, especially through the power Ruby exemplifies in her appearance as well as her character traits. It is further illustrated through the dominance of the color red throughout the design, and in the "Ruby edition" lettering.
The whites on the other hand correspond to the simple; stylistic elements were added in this color solely to accentuate parts of the image.
Finally, the blacks add an overall feel of effectiveness by contrasting the whites and adding even more strength to the reds.
With all of these three attributes fusing together as symbolized by the intertwined red, white and black colored lines of the backdrop.
Cudos goes to AMD, most definately the proud owners of ATI. Indeed, the future is fusion!
NoTeva
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by NoTeva »

Hi everyone. Heres my design:

peti1212
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by peti1212 »

Astro wrote:> Peti1212, the 3d work I did was with 3dsMax and Photoshop for the texture work. A lot of the renderings where done with Final Render, a few with Maxwell.
That's really cool. How long did it take you to learn 3dsMax professionally? I've been working with Cinema 4D for years now and got lazy with the other high end programs. I have some 3D knowledge, and worked with 3dsMax before but not sure if I should invest more time into that or if I should just stay with Cinema 4D.
venom4scorpio
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by venom4scorpio »

Here's my entry ;) I'm sorry I'm not so good at photoshop. Some of the entries here are AWESOME!!!
Full Res: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3081/forminhaz4u.jpg

Last edited by venom4scorpio on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
shamrok3
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by shamrok3 »

Astro wrote: **update** 1/20/10, since a HIS logo was just posted I updated my image to include it. I'd like to acknowledge that my submission has already been made and it wouldn't be fair to update it. I'm just putting this on here to show what it could look like with the new logo. Though the instruction said that the logo wasn't important I would have put it on the original if the logo was included as source material earlier.
Here's a link of the image with the HIS logo,
http://darran.blog.com/files/2010/01/da ... islogo.jpg

Have a good one everybody,
Darran
This has been discussed quite a bit, but as far as I know you can modify your original submission as much as you want before the deadline, so feel free to make your main submission with the HIS logo. :) Great pic and amazing art skills, I had a look at your site, keep up the good work.
Multiple Exclamation marks - The first sign of an unsound mind.

Rig: Intel 3930K, Noctua U12P-SE2 , ASUS P9X79, 16GB RAM, 60GB OCZ Vertex 3, 2x3TB Seagate (RAID 0), 1TB Samsung F3, EVGA GTX760, CM 650 Watt PSU
NZXT HU002 Case, LG Blu-Ray Writer/Combo
21.5" BenQ E2200HD @ 1920x1080, Razer Lachesis/Lycosa/Sennheiser HD558, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Christopher H
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Christopher H »

3300x2400 version here

This design is completely original and made from scratch. It is inspired by the conceptualized vision of the ultimate computer; a Matrioshka brain.

A Matrioshka brain is a hypothetical megastructure, based on the Dyson sphere, of immense computational capacity. It is an example of a Class B stellar engine, employing the entire energy output of a star to drive computer systems built from collected celestial material, such as whole planets and other objects.

Essentially what you're seeing here is a dual-core processor from the year 2,000,000,010. The blue star is ejecting the HD5870 logo in a solar flare-like fashion. I'll leave the rest to speculation.

Considering I do not have a professional monitor -- because I'm not a pro -- hopefully it does not look like total crap on your screens. I fear the gamma is way off. :(

Anyways, thanks for the opportunity.
Last edited by Christopher H on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carlos_will
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Carlos_will »

I've edited my previous post with my updated design.

Also, because I've featured an illustration of mine in my design entry, I thought I might share news that I've finally finished a college project where I had to depict a certain scene in an area in a different way, in my case it was a church :)

Direct link:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8565/c ... finalb.jpg

An error I've spotted is that for some strange reason, my entry name where all the designs are listed is 'SKywálker', obviously thats not me lol.

Another thing I'd like to address is that there are posts of my OLD design, where I've put a fan and bracket accessories on it and made it look like its an actual card, but what I want to know is if this will jeopardize my entry or disable me from entering this competition anymore?

Thanks.
mx6er2587
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by mx6er2587 »

I'd make sure you at least have a final entry that its just the sticker with no added accessories. I imagine that this is what they will be judging since that way all the entries will look the same and will be judged only on the design of the sticker not how well you shoved it onto some graphics card you made/found. Also if you do win they will need the sticker in full resolution as given by HIS to print
SamiceHrabace
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by SamiceHrabace »

Hello,
here is my design. This contest is really great!

Full image: http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7484/hisn.jpg
aioshimike
Legit User
Legit User

Post by aioshimike »

can we edit our design or change it completely before the contest ends??
ka2rpa
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ka2rpa »

Hi :)
Here comes my entry
and here's the large version http://karpa.ic.cz/transfer/heatsink-die-cut.png
Attachments
heatsink-die-cut.jpg
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

jereldado wrote:hi hello!! here my design

Sorry there jereldado, got to call you on the tribal dragon. Having designed a couple tattoos myself for buddies so I've seen this one before, unless you are ~RG571 on Deviant Art http://rg571.deviantart.com/art/Tribal-Dragon-8009972

For giggles I Googled "tribal dragon" to see what come up, its the same dragon twice in the first row.

http://images.google.com/images?source= ... CCAQsAQwAA
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

ah a few more hours left and I'm not happy with my entry! lol.

let's see if I can make it in time tonight if i redo it.
lancerdoom
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lancerdoom »

hi guys, here is my design....i modeled the car in 2 weeks...and rendered in max. post work on Photoshop...completed in 2 days....
c&c are welcome... :)

medium res: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7561/covercopyv.jpg
high res: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2816/covercopym.jpg
Attachments
HD5870
HD5870
aioshimike
Legit User
Legit User

Post by aioshimike »

i have updated my entry and change the whole design its on page 13
please change my entry on your post
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about246 ... ml#p163658
Last edited by aioshimike on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rukki
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rukki »

kingoo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kingoo »

Here's my entry~
Attachments
perfectwork.jpg