Google Buzz: The First Wave?

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Google Buzz: The First Wave?

Post by Illuminati »

Google has announced that it is rolling out Google Buzz to everyone's GMail accounts over the next few days. At first glance, Google Buzz seems to be the first step by Google to introduce some if its Google Wave features into GMail. Other media outlets are also noting that Google Buzz is also Google's first step into the Facebook and Twitter realm of real-time status updates. Check out this video for a quick demo.
Google Buzz is a new way to start conversations about the things you find interesting. It's built right into Gmail, so you don't have to peck out an entirely new set of friends from scratch — it just works. If you think about it, there's always been a big social network underlying Gmail. Buzz brings this network to the surface by automatically setting you up to follow the people you email and chat with the most. We focused on building an easy-to-use sharing experience that richly integrates photos, videos and links, and makes it easy to share publicly or privately (so you don't have to use different tools to share with different audiences). Plus, Buzz integrates tightly with your existing Gmail inbox, so you're sure to see the stuff that matters most as it happens in real time.
For the full Google Buzz release: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... -buzz.html
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google Buzz: The First Wave?

Post by Illuminati »

Have any readers received the Google Buzz option in their GMail account yet? I haven't gotten it yet. Once you get the option, let us know what you think!
Justin West
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Not yet. I haven't used wave since you first sent me the invite. Haven't found a use for it yet.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah I got it... Nothing special and to be honest I hope it doesn't take off.. Twitter, Facebook, Myspace and e-mail is enough to keep up with... This is getting to be too much.
buzz.jpg
buzz2.jpg
buzz2.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 3291 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I logged in and got the same screen. Looks like google's version of twitter/facebook. Meh. I agree with Nate.
Joe
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Ya, I feel the same way too... but, I think facebook is at its peak and something bigger and better will eventually replace it... already happened with myspace on a lesser scale.

Speaking of which, Nate, you still use MySpace? do you hear crickets yet? lol... I never opened a MySpace account... thought it was ugly.
Justin West
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I was just playing with it...you can also follow sites and it looks like updates to the site will populate your buzz (I have a site that uses google RSS)
Joe
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i got the invite... looked at it, thought the same thing as the rest of you - yet another thing to look at. just another unused button on my gmail account.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009