ASUS Eee PC 1201N Dual-Core ION Netbook Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today LR takes another ASUS Eee PC through the paces. This time it is a Seashell on steroids! The ASUS Eee PC 1201N offers an Intel Atom 330 and NVIDIA ION graphics with a 12-inch LCD. Does this platform typically reserved for nettops have what it takes to be in a netbook? Read on to find out!

"While the Eee PC 1201N was not designed to be the leader in battery life, we were still impressed to see it surpassed the battery life performance of the ASUS N10Jc with the NVIDIA 9300m graphics. We expected the 1201N to perform similarly, but the result was an extra coveted hour of battery life both in idle and DVD playback tests. The only benefit the N10Jc had over the Eee PC 1201N was the ability to turn off the NVIDIA 9300m and just use the Intel integrated graphics in order to conserve battery life. As many may recall, NVIDIA recently announced an answer to this issue for ION2 by incorporating their Optimus technology into the new platform in order to allow the longest battery life possible while still having the discrete graphics when you need them. We look forward to this technology entering the netbook arena!"

Article Title: ASUS Eee PC 1201N Dual-Core ION Netbook Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1206/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $484 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS Eee PC 1201N Dual-Core ION Netbook Review

Post by gwolfman »

Decent netbook. BUT I just saw the notice for Acer's Ion w/ Optimus and I'm holding out for that. Any chance you have it lined up for review!?! Thanks!
techking13
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: ASUS Eee PC 1201N Dual-Core ION Netbook Review

Post by techking13 »

Asus computers are pretty cool. They seem to continue to incorporate the latest technology. As of right now, I think I'll get an Asus laptop once I have saved up enough.