Sound Card issues

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Sound Card issues

Post by dgood »

So here is the background, I got a new motherboard (ASUS P5N32-E Sli) from stopthekilling (awesome transaction) everything is working great. I just need to figure out what my driver issue is currently. It came with a supremefx sound card just a pci-e sound card that came with it . Now I have installed the driver (i thought) and I get sound out of the front audio ports that are plugged in hdaudio to the sound card, but I can't get sound out of the back of the computer where I normally plug in my room stereo via an auxiliary connection. Any ideas on why it doesn't send sound out the back? Thanks
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Sound Card issues

Post by camaroguy1998 »

When you're trying to get sound from the rear ports do you have headphones or something else connected to the front port? If so try unplugging the front port and see if that works!
Some devices can only feed one port at a time!

I hope that works for you!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

So just to let everyone know I am a moron. I assumed that the normal light green was the correct sound one, though I did try 4 others, but I didn't try the forest green looking one which is on the farthest end. It just so happened to be the correct sound port (Let Laughter Ensue). Also, cameroguy you were correct about the sound only going to one or the other, but I hadn't plugged in headphones yet, just switched the cord from one to the other as a test. well it's odd which one it chooses, but I'm glad it is working. Thanks.
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Glad to hear you figured it out! =D>
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow