Accused game cheater gets a knife through the head and survi

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Accused game cheater gets a knife through the head and survi

Post by XstollieX »

Arguments about cheating on video games can alway get heated. Though in China one became violent over the suspected use of a 'wallhack' in Counter-Strike. This argument lead to a 17 year old boy being stabbed in the head with a foot long knife, he survived to tell the tale.
Counter-Strike players in the Jilin province of China take cheating extremely seriously, as evidenced by the grievous wound suffered by one suspected cheater on March 16. The 17-year-old victim was suspected of using a hack that allowed him to see through walls, giving him an obvious benefit in the computerized game of hide and go kill each other.

A fight broke out outside the net café regarding the hack, and one assailant decided to do a little hacking of his own, stabbing large knife into the side of the cheater's head, the tip of the blade barely protruding from the other side.

Speaking for everyone reading this, ouch.
counter_strike_knife.jpg
counter_strike_knife.jpg (18.33 KiB) Viewed 10089 times
The boy, miraculously still conscious, was rushed to a nearby hospital. After around 10 hours of surgery, the knife was successful removed. The boy survived, but is under observation in case bits of rust - did we mention the blade was rusty? - flaked off inside his brain.

So how does someone survive a foot-long knife through the skull? According to doctors, the blade missed major arteries, which kept him from hemorrhaging, and managed to somehow avoid affecting motor skills even though the blade passed through areas that handle those functions.

The net café where the incident occurred was popular with local youths because it didn't require ID, a fact I'm sure some will consider to be a factor in the incident, but I've always believed that being an asshole with a knife is an ageless thing.

I'm not sure how the law works in China regarding stabbings, but somewhere there's a Counter-Strike player just as relieved that the victim didn't die as the victim himself.

Physician Yan Shi-jun, who operated on the young man, said that the chances of surviving such a wound were one in ten thousand. Those are pretty steep odds.

I bet he cheated.
source
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Accused game cheater gets a knife through the head and survi

Post by hark »

:shock:
Man, the whole story is shocking all around. I'm at a loss for words right now. Just the story in general is... :shock:
skier

Post by skier »

saw this a couple days ago at the gotfrag tf2 forums, most ppl were saying things like HEADSHOT! or facestab! :roll:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

That sucks. :(

Wonder if this will change his outlook on cheating? :?
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I wonder what kind of loot he dropped :lol:
Dizz01
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Dizz01 »

Wow
AMD Phenom II x6 1075T @3.3▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂Three Hundred Antec Case
Asus M4A785TD M-EVO▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500w OCZ Modular PSU
Noctua CPU Cooler▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500Gig WD HDD
4Gig OCZ Gold Edition 1600 Ram▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ASUS ATI 7770 2GIG!
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

OK, I can see the guy getting stabbed with a pocket knife, but that looks like at 12 to 16 inch chefs knife. Where the heck did that guy have that stashed on him to be able to just whip it out in a fight?
Parelem
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Parelem »

it's hard to imaging going from being angry someone is cheating to putting a knife through his head, that's just crazy
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Parelem wrote:it's hard to imaging going from being angry someone is cheating to putting a knife through his head, that's just crazy
I feel the same way as the suspect when some dude wallhacks on me...but a few obstacles get in the way of that lol, like where the person is, and how to get there...suck this happened though..he must've been one of those "serial hackers" to get shanked like that
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

lol... crazy chinese. I'm gonna link this story next time someone accuses someone else of wallhacking.

Aimbotting is definitely worse than wh though.
1Kurgan1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by 1Kurgan1 »

I read about this just a while ago, never seen a picture of the xray or never knew it was that serious, thats just unreal....
lolwut
Legit User
Legit User

Post by lolwut »

Strong hacks, no one survives a knife to the head :shock:

srs gamers...
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

lol I'm a horrible person for thinking first: "People still play Counter-Strike? I haven't played that since high-school" before my shocked reaction to the stabbing.
skier

Post by skier »

crowTrobot wrote:lol I'm a horrible person for thinking first: "People still play Counter-Strike? I haven't played that since high-school" before my shocked reaction to the stabbing.
cs1.6 actually still has the largest competitive scene of any game, followed by Source
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

This is why I shy away from playing competitive games in a public setting. You never know what kind of sore losers are out there, and what their rage is capable of.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit