Any Truth To This...GTX 480 Delayed To April 12th?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Any Truth To This...GTX 480 Delayed To April 12th?

Post by Major_A »

I was browsing another forum and this was posted. Is this true? I was thinking that since it's after midnight I'd find an early review on the web but no go. If this is in fact true are the reviews that you have been working on all day going to be pushed back also?

The reason I read on the other forum was a "BIOS update/change and a cooler tweak". Is there any truth to this or is someone full of it?
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Any Truth To This...GTX 480 Delayed To April 12th?

Post by XstollieX »

If nothing is out there yet the NDA may not lift until morning, but I dunno.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I'd say wait til tomorrow morning..or a few hours..i did read something about that just now though so who knows
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I read in the same forum posting that the NDA lifts tomorrow at some point (seems like a PM time PST) but there was no mention of if nVidia is telling the reviewers to hold off on posting their results.

EDIT - OT
Took me a minute to realize that was you Inspectah. I was used to seeing your Beavis pic. Nothing wrong with Sterling Malory Archer aka Duchess though.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Major_A wrote:EDIT - OT
Took me a minute to realize that was you Inspectah. I was used to seeing your Beavis pic. Nothing wrong with Sterling Malory Archer aka Duchess though.
LOL. I thought I needed a change for now...Archer F'n rules. Name dropper. :mrgreen: ...back on topic, I hope it isn't a PM time..bad enough I may have to wait 3 weeks now for those darn things..well, WE may have to wait lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Sgt. Bilko
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Sgt. Bilko »

I heard like 6pm which is random, but I guess it buys them a business day without the phones ringing like crazy
Case: CM ATCS 840 - EVGA x58 SLI - CPU: i7 940 C0/C1 (4.0gHz) - Noctua NH-U12P - BFG GTX 280 - Corsair HX1000 - 6GB DDR3 Patriot PVT36G1600ELK
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Have reviewers even received test samples yet?
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I hope so, the review is supposed to be online today. But since none of the LR staff have confirmed or denied this I have a feeling that it is still going as planned.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Read a few places saying 4pm Pacific so I'd say that's the deal i guess
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I wonder if they did the later in the day release because they wanted to address any questions/concerns the reviewers might have.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

slugbug wrote:Have reviewers even received test samples yet?
It's no secret that test samples have been sent out since pictures have surfaced from those who felt the need to leak. I'll leave it to Nate to confirm or deny what he can based on the NDA. I'm in the dark for the most part as well.
Joe
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I think the afternoon release was to co-incide with their unveiling of it at the PAX event.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I am also unaware of any delay as mentioned and am also in the dark for the most part, but I'd be curious that if the April 12th date has any association with Fermi, that perhaps it is an availability date? It would make more sense to make the cards for sale on a Monday than a Friday night when no one will be able to get them shipped out that day. Again, I'm just speculating as I have no idea about this rumored date.

The only thing I remember is what Dan said... the NDA should lift tonight during the PAX event... 4pm pacific / 7pm eastern. So long as the reviewers have not been given the order by NVIDIA to hold the articles, that is when you should see them posted. Nate will probably be able to give some firmer date and times, but I'd be willing to bet he's still working on the article at this moment preparing it for publication.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook