Our New House

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Justin's "Cable Box"

Living Room

Stairs to Front Door and Dining Room

Master Bedroom

Floor Plan

Our house is the opposite of the original floorplan, so we flipped this one. That's why the words are backwards. At least you can get an idea of what it is, though. Any other rooms you want to see?
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

master bath?
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Master Bath/Walk-In Closet

Master Bath
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

audiophile wrote:justin and amy, i can't wait to see the finished product. i wonder what it'll look like after some landscaping.
They told us that they are going to lay sod next week. However, it rained all day yesterday, and skies are gray today, so the final grade may be getting a few days behind (along with the sodding). Personally, I don't mind too much...It gives us that much more time to get all of the equipment for the sprinkler system and get it in before the sod goes down :)
rayoflight
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rayoflight »

Niced pictures Amy and Justin! Nate...where are some pics of your place?
Kemot
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Kemot »

Congrats on the new house man, looks very nice. Whens the house warming party?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

thats what i was asking, i was supposed to go visit them and go to a lan party this past weekend but my computer died :( you can be sure that i will do my best to get there for the house warming party though.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

maybe we'll wait until Nate's house is finished and we can have both our house warming parties over the same weekend.... lol.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

so i should plan on some time next year then?
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

infinitevalence wrote:so i should plan on some time next year then?
ooohhh...harsh...lol
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

very nice house there Amy and Justin; I wish I had a house that nice, but hey, I got a decent start for 22 years old, and already own one myself. I'm still contemplating whether I should buy my next place here in SC, or if I should look over a couple of states, because I'm torn between the following places:

New Haven, CT
Long Island, NY
St. Louis, MO (yeah I said STL!!! lol)
Charlotte, NC
and finally, somewhere in Maine

I like pristine countryside and peace and quiet, which is a far cry from the loud, boisterous city I'm living in now. I like cities for their nightlife, but overall I have to have my P's and Q's. Any suggestions for my new place? Because about a year after getting my CCNA (Spring 2007), I will move somewhere and need a good suggestion, everything from P's and Q's to land to social demographics are to be considered. Must say, I want a nice house that I can run a cable closet in, with a 2-car garage and 3BR/2BA, around 1500-2000 sq ft. (yeah, I'm specific, lol). I'm really fond of things like vaulted ceilings and if it's two-floor, open architecture where the upper floors are exposed somewhat. But yeah, very very nice place guys, and I hope it lasts you guys a long time :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

why is everyone so bitter about my house? I'm the one stuck with the slow builder... LOL It will be done this year so they claim. It's got windows, plumbing, and flatwork now. I don't care when they get it done because my price is locked in 2004 prices and the property increases around here have gone up $30,000 to 40,000 since I signed the contract. The best investement I have ever made was my home deposit.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

no joke there Nate; if it wasn't for a deposit to lock the price, you would most definitely be in a world of hurt....I know I would be if I hadn't locked my interest rate in when I did, as it would have jumped from 6.785 to around 8.5% had I waited an extra week, so sometimes it pays to prepare and not procrastinate. how are you getting by now though, Nate? living in an apt., or still own your old place?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

old place... moving into the upcoming house will move the testbench from a one room 200 square foot operation to a dedicated 1200 square foot setup. It will allow for more storage space, test bench space, and hopefully decrease in the time it takes to produce articles.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Very nice, but are you saying your total square footage in your old place is 200 sq ft!?!?!?!? That almost sounds like a small single-wide mobile home. I have close to 1100 sq ft, but a good deal of it is due to the full basement the house is sitting on, as it is an old mill-type house. The reason why I say close to 2000 sq ft is because I want a full basement, but with a larger living space as well, and the full basement would have to be close to finished so I could place air dryers down there and use it as my test area for systems...this is most definitely my ultimate goal: to create a massive research area for system configurations and network configurations (through the cable closet, of course, something closely resembling that of Justin's). I don't think I could do 200 sq ft, lol, with all the crap I have :rolleyes:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

the test bench area is in a 200 square foot room... not the size of my current home... LOL
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

ohhh, roflol. damn man, my bad, heheheh. but still, 6 times the increase in test area size will get it done quicker, that's for sure, heheheh. so, the offer still stands if you can use another neighbor, heheh 8)
rayoflight
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rayoflight »

why is everyone so bitter about my house? I'm the one stuck with the slow builder... LOL It will be done this year so they claim. It's got windows, plumbing, and flatwork now. I don't care when they get it done because my price is locked in 2004 prices and the property increases around here have gone up $30,000 to 40,000 since I signed the contract. The best investement I have ever made was my home deposit

rayoflight says:

I don't think anyone is bitter about your house...I think it's kind of strange that it takes over a year to build a somewhat starter home. My parents home is custom and it took about 6 months to build. Sounds like you got screwed.
[/quote][/color][/quote][/quote]
Fedelis
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Fedelis »

Nice house. Good luck with it. :)
Trevor
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Trevor »

Amy wrote: Master Bath
Can you explain the air-conditioning vent right next to the toilot? What if the toilot overflowed? lol