I need Help

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
CrossEyedClown
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

I need Help

Post by CrossEyedClown »

My System-
Motherboard: MSI NF750-G55
CPU:AMD3 Phenom II X3 720 2.8 GHz Triple Core
RAM:Patriot G-Series 1600MHz 2GB x2
PSU:Thermaltake TR2-430
HDD:Western Digital 400gb
GPUs:BFG Nvidia 9400 GT 512 Mb, BFG Nvidia 220 GT 1024Mb
PCI:Philips Tv Wonder Pro
Fans:6 Total:1 CPU, 1 rear, 1 side, GPUs and PSU
Drives:Pioneer CD\Dvd-RW, Lite on BD Drive

So bout a week ago I bought a new GPU and installed it at that time I also replaced my CPU fan for a more powerful one. Then it wouldn't turn on I could see the fans twitch a bit when i turn it on but other than that nothing. So I tried it a week later and it turned on for bout 20min enough time to up date my GPU drivers, Run C cleaner, Spybot and test it out on Crysis on Ultra High had no lag and goof FPS but it turned off bout 2mins in. I thought it was a power problem so I replaced my PSU and had no improvement. Then I replaced the MOBO. It turns on fully but now it resets every 6.26secs. I always ground myself use Anti-static gloves then ground again. I did a bit of research and tried a lot of things

1.Reset switch short: unplugged-no effect
2.Min Sys: 1 ram, hdd,no GPU's or drives or PCI cards-no effect
3.Ram prob:did 1 ram an swapped it for the other in both Full and Min Sys- no effect
4.Temp issue: in case CPU temp gauge, BIOS- Normal and within operational standards
5. Dirty Fans: Took all fans and hardware out and cleaned them with air- no effect
6. reset BIOS: removed jumper and battery- no effect
So I need some help
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: I need Help

Post by vbironchef »

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried a bigger power supply, say a corsair 750.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

Might try pulling the power switch out and jumping the contacts with a screwdriver.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

My experience with a power supply that has died is similar to yours. The fans attempt to turn on then power down. Sounds like too much PC for your power supply. Or it was just its time and went out.

One other thing to check for would be to see if the PC runs outside of the case on a nonconductive material. It may be grounding against the case somewhere and that is what is causing the issue.
CrossEyedClown
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by CrossEyedClown »

well my previous PSU was a generic 330 and worked for at least a couple of years this only happened AFTER i replaced the GPU and CPU fan the odd thing is that the PSU seemed like it was storing power hence the 20min of play after a week like it charged it enough or something I changed locations several time to see if it was the wall even went over to a neighbor's place to see if it was the house but no luck I think it might be the CPU because the problem persisted after I replaced the MOBO I've tested the RAM, GPU's, HDD, drives and PCI cards in other PC's but I have no other AM3 MOBO to test the CPU it might of happened when I replaced the fan might of built up enough static to fry it even though I wear anti-static gloves I don't know
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Why not try to go to the corsair site, enter your rig specs and it will tell you the size of the power supply you need for your rig. Here is the link: http://www.corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx let us know what you find out.
CrossEyedClown
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by CrossEyedClown »

why god why? ok so update time I got a corsair 750w and it did nothing so then I bought a new CPU a Phenom II 945 3.0GHz Quad core and still nothing I tried it on some other MOBO's but nothing worked It's turning on alright but I'm getting no Video output on either of my three GPUs or on board graphics you think I somehow fried both MOBO's? HELP ME OBI-WAN YOUR MY ONLY HOPE!!
skier

Post by skier »

CrossEyedClown wrote:why god why? ok so update time I got a corsair 750w and it did nothing so then I bought a new CPU a Phenom II 945 3.0GHz Quad core and still nothing I tried it on some other MOBO's but nothing worked It's turning on alright but I'm getting no Video output on either of my three GPUs or on board graphics you think I somehow fried both MOBO's? HELP ME OBI-WAN YOUR MY ONLY HOPE!!
i assume you removed your two cards before using on-board?(and what's the third GPU? i only see GT220/9400GT)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
CrossEyedClown
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by CrossEyedClown »

yeah i did remove em the thrid is an nvidia 7300 gt